Home – New Forums Money matters Small event insurance problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up
    ::

I am getting frustrated!! I have a little market garden, it is an urban farm where I lease empty houseblocks to grow my veggies.
    The problem is I would like to have an open day to show some of my customers around early next year but I can’t find anyone who will insure the event because it is so small and I will only have about 25-35 people coming. Can anyone suggest something? The only quote I could get was around $1000 but I can’t afford that for only a couple of hours.

Rowan

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up
    ::
    Rowan @ GardenLarder, post: 179716 wrote:
    I have a little market garden, it is an urban farm where I lease empty houseblocks to grow my veggies.
    The problem is I would like to have an open day to show some of my customers around early next year but I can’t find anyone who will insure the event because it is so small and I will only have about 25-35 people coming.

Hi Rowan,

I would have thought that as a farm/market garden your farm insurer will extend their policy to cover this. As the event is directly related to your business there shouldn’t be an issue in this being covered.

If you only have a policy to cover you for market stalls etc, then I would suggest taking out a farm liability cover as a replacement (this could cover you as both the leaseholder on the blocks, plus the market stall liability plus the (primary) products you sell).

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Regards,

Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.