Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Small plant nursery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    heftzwecke
    • Total posts: 213
    Up
    ::

Hi I just found that forum and it seems to be great!
    I have got a small(very small) plant nursery and do mainly medicinal herbs, kitchen herbs, some berries and a few ornamentals. I sell on markets, fairs and online: https://mountainherbs.net/
    Does anyone has a similar business?

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

I have a seed farm in Vic. I also sell some plants at markets. You are not alone :)

heftzwecke
    Up

Great, I had a look on your website, I am interested in Ullucu, caigua (might be a bit late to plant now), maybe oca varieties – what are your prices? Your operation is obviously far bigger, I have got only a half acre block, so I am very limited in what I can do. Do you get perennials of the brassica family in? Did you trial perennial grains?

heftzwecke
    Up

I was just thinking around… I actually could list some of your things in my site – depending on what you charge. Do you have a full list? And wouldn’t there be a market for backyard staple seeds say hulless oats, hulless buckwheat, oil sunflower, and of course all types of corn? I can’t do that myself because of the limited space and I don’t have the connection to different farmers either neither the knowledge, but I would like if Australia would have something like that (I am not sure if I am the only one)

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Hi again, email or message me through my site and we can talk a bit more about what your plans are and what you need.

jan.sullivan2
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi
    The offer to partner above gave me an idea that you could partner with people in a different climate to expand the range you can offer. I live in subtropical Queensland and I’m not much of a gardener, but I’m loving my tropical blueberry at the moment. There would be nurseries in warmer climates where plants such as that could be supplied.
    Cheers
    Jan

heftzwecke
    Up

The only problem (and I don’t know how to solve this) is there would be two different shiping involved. Say one person orders something from my nursery and in the same order from the other nursery. With seeds no problem, but parcels- Australia post in not exactly cheap!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.