Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Smarter, not harder?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Convergence
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

I joined this forum over a year ago but have just come back to it. Great to see how it has matured. I thought maybe it was time to introduce myself.

I just replied to Skinsolutions post “The Aged Networker” and I claimed that even though I am nearly 60 I don’t feel the years. Maybe that was just false bravado! The truth is I do feel that age and I want to be sure that I work smarter not harder.

I certainly used to run around putting lots into my business but I think it is time for me to leverage off my experience and contacts. I wish I had realised that when I was in my twenties!

I have a background of working in many countries in many industries from manufacturing and construction to software and online sales. And you know what? It is all the same! No business will succeed unless it first and foremost looks after what the customer wants. Pretty obvious eh, but think back over your recent experience with your telco, supermarket, solicitor or chiropractor and ask if the fit the model.

This forum is a great opportunity to learn from other soloists. I hope I am still young enough to keep learning.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Michael,

Great to hear your getting involved!

No business will succeed unless it first and foremost looks after what the customer wants. Pretty obvious eh, but think back over your recent experience with your telco, supermarket, solicitor or chiropractor and ask if the fit the model.

This is so very true! I’m a firm believer of the customer first model =)

Looking forward to seeing you around!

– Jake

PS: I read somewhere that the only time you stop learning id when you die.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Michael,
    Welcome back!

I love your attitude :)

Jayne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.