Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Smartrmail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    El Arish Tropical Exotics
    • Total posts: 227
    Up
    ::

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone has feedback on Smartrmail. How do you find it to use? How do you find the targeting emails? Do blog articles come up as nice as the Chimps? Any drawbacks you’ve found? I just want a little feedback and advice. before I hit their free trial

I’ve been using Mailchimp but mostly for blogging. I like the idea of including more product and getting into segmenting my contacts but need to make sure I’ve got a balance and that my email carrier is flexible enough to do it well.

Thanks in Advance!!! Ann
    I

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Ann,

I have never heard of the platform.

My research done over 6 months ago now for reasonably priced platforms has Drip, Convertkit and Active Campaign on top with Active Campaign coming out on top for >100 subscribers (otherwise Drip) and offering the most flexibility.

Infusionsoft is probably the best of all but the most costly and the most complicated to use.

There are a lot of choices out there but the setup time can be considerable so choose wisely!

Up

Hi Paul, It’s supposed to be targeted at ecommerce and integrates easily (we hope) with Big Commerce, Neto and Shopify. You can drop in products which would work nicely with blogs centered around those items. I’m a total moron when it comes to newsletters, I’d happily stick to Mailchimp until dinosaurs roamed the land again but I’m tempted to give it a go. I’ve found my mailing list to be as big an asset as good SEO, I just need to learn how to utilize it.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Ann,
    I hadn’t heard of it either but it looks interesting.
    If there’s a free trial then maybe give it a crack and see what you reckon. I’d be interested to see how it pans out?
    Cheers
    Peter

Up
    Peter – FS Administrator, post: 254996, member: 1 wrote:
    Hi Ann,
    I hadn’t heard of it either but it looks interesting.
    If there’s a free trial then maybe give it a crack and see what you reckon. I’d be interested to see how it pans out?
    Cheers
    Peter

I will Peter. I just want to tweak my list so I get the most out of those 15 free days and clear the decks for plenty of play time. I don’t use Shopify but found a great article on their blog that got me fired up.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

That’s a good point! 15 days will fly by fast so you want to be ready to go :)

m4engineers
    • Total posts: 121
    Up
    El Arish Tropical Exotics, post: 254990, member: 6734 wrote:
    I’ve found my mailing list to be as big an asset as good SEO, I just need to learn how to utilize it.

You may have heard of it, “the money is in the list”. Protect, nurture and respect your list, you will be rewarded.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    Up

Actually Ann, your business is a perfect vehicle for a granular approach to marketing via email.

Per Huey’s – [USER=100990]@m4engineers[/USER] principles above, you could provide so much valuable advice to your customers without being spammy while at the same time offering things like current popular purchases, current specials, people that bought this etc.

For example, you could send out guides to caring for plants based on climate eg, somebody tagged “hot” as in they live in a hot climate could get a guide just for them. You could do similar for each season ie, summer care guide, winter care guide etc.

You could do guides for newbies and advanced/enthusiasts etc.

You could send out info on particular plants at different stages eg, What to do when the plant arrives, what to do after 1 month, 3 month, 12 mths etc.

There is so much useful info you can provide without being spammy that using tags and setting up sequences in your business is a no-brainer slam dunk to me.

But I still advise to do your research because an email platform is a little like a smartphone/computer ecosystem in that once you are invested, they have got you.

One thing you could consider is doing very small scale experiments using free trial periods using different platforms and make your decision on which one works best for you.

Up

That’s exactly what I see Paul. I just have to sit down and watch all the little videos right after I clean my house, pick my plants in the pouring rain, get my orders out, deal with the 300 mils of rain I’ve had over night, sort out my laundry, make sure the son gets home safely from school through flood waters, do my BAS, etc… It’s definitely on the list!!!

Up

It’s been a relatively quiet week (first for a long time) so I had time to play this weekend.
    Sent out a roughly crafted email with a blurb about a new mail system and two products that were on an extra special price. Within an hour and a half I had five new orders (about $700). Three contained sales products (6 total). So far so good.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    Up
    El Arish Tropical Exotics, post: 255260, member: 6734 wrote:
    It’s been a relatively quiet week (first for a long time) so I had time to play this weekend.
    Sent out a roughly crafted email with a blurb about a new mail system and two products that were on an extra special price. Within an hour and a half I had five new orders (about $700). Three contained sales products (6 total). So far so good.
    That is so very awesome – well done!
    Up

I also got 5 new product reviews. Would they have reviewed those products anyway? Maybe. I think there is a synergy at work in business where things compliment each other and can amplify successful strategies so I’m chalking the product reviews up to to harmonious customer communications.

Up

Eight days in and I absolutely love Smartrmail. My sales in the last 30 day period are up 60% on last year. Looking at the stats I can see it’s mostly this last week that’s upped me. I’ve netted new orders on every email type sent. I love the ease of use, designing and reporting. Customer service seems to be fast. Integration with Neto is easy. We’re going to be friends for a long time :)

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    Up

Thanks for the update.

The first thing that came to my mind reading both of your posts is how to get extra time or is it worth hiring somebody to drive sales even more?

You must be chuffed!

Cheers

Up

Yes, I am happy. I’m pretty much at capacity for workload, especially when it’s over 30 degrees. As it slows down I’ll be more inspired and will be able to target products that we have excess of.
    I’m very satisfied with where our business has evolved to. We’re up between 10 and 20% every year, I like steady manageable growth. Ideally we’re looking at being more profitable and streamlining rather than massively increasing sales.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.