Home – New Forums Starting your journey SME’s/Mirco Business’s Please provide your feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Samir_icountz
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I have started my own Bookkeeping/Accounting Business. I’m an Australian CPA qualified and have 6 years worth of experience in Australia (SME+ASX Listed) Being located in India the services would be offered in an offshore arrangement.

I just need feedback from SME’s and Micro Business’s out there on the following, Please let me know your thoughts, your feedback would be really valuable as it will really help me in making my future strategies.. Thanks ALL

1) As a SME are you thinking of Outsourcing your Accounting/Book-keeping needs offshore?, what is your motivation behind that.. If not what are the key reasons for holding back?

2) What qualifications/skills/qualities you look for in an Book-keeping Business when outsourcing.. Will you look for someone with Australian Qualifications and Experience or would you look for a Local ( oversea’s) experience

3) What needs to be done to ensure confidentality or privacy of your records is maintained

4) What do you think are the challenges when outsourcing offshore?

5) Being a newbie and having worked in Australia what steps I should take to promote/market my Business and Stand out from the crowd, how should I approach SME’s?

6) As a SME are you comfortable with someone like me approaching you? What channel you prefer to make a introduction?

Appreciate your inputs..

Cheers,

Samir

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    Samir_icountz, post: 133958 wrote:
    Hi All,

I have started my own Bookkeeping/Accounting Business. I’m an Australian CPA qualified and have 6 years worth of experience in Australia (SME+ASX Listed) Being located in India the services would be offered in an offshore arrangement.

I just need feedback from SME’s and Micro Business’s out there on the following, Please let me know your thoughts, your feedback would be really valuable as it will really help me in making my future strategies.. Thanks ALL

1) As a SME are you thinking of Outsourcing your Accounting/Book-keeping needs offshore?, what is your motivation behind that.. If not what are the key reasons for holding back?

2) What qualifications/skills/qualities you look for in an Book-keeping Business when outsourcing.. Will you look for someone with Australian Qualifications and Experience or would you look for a Local ( oversea’s) experience

3) What needs to be done to ensure confidentality or privacy of your records is maintained

4) What do you think are the challenges when outsourcing offshore?

5) Being a newbie and having worked in Australia what steps I should take to promote/market my Business and Stand out from the crowd, how should I approach SME’s?

6) As a SME are you comfortable with someone like me approaching you? What channel you prefer to make a introduction?

Appreciate your inputs..

Cheers,

Samir

The thought crosses my mind occasionally.
    The usual resons for outsourcing.

2. For book keeping definitely local.

3. Thats the tough one, you cant ensure anything when outsourcing overseas.
    What is the penalty to an Indian company for not ensuring confidentiality when dealing with an Australian SME?

4. Communication, privacy, ethics, accountability, legal recourse.

5. Make yourself personally accountable for what your workers do.

6. I dont mind being approached, but only do it once.
    Steve

Nathan Hartnett
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Hi Samir,

I was going to give a full reply, but Steve seems to have summed it up pretty nicely. We have had a couple of bookkeepers in Australia do our work, and unfortunately we’ve yet to have a really good experience that suits our needs. We have one that does a good job, but she charges an awful lot to do it. She would be great value for a larger company with more complex requirements, but our business are quite simple, and it’s difficult to find someone who can do simple bookkeeping, do it well, and provide great value.

Confidentiality would be our biggest concern with an overseas bookkeeper, as we wouldn’t have any recourse should there be a problem.

When it comes to approaching SMEs, that’s pretty tough! I think operating in forums like this is a good move, but obviously without being “salesy”. Work out your branding (eg. SMEs is so broad, can you create more of a niche target audience?). Email from a personal level is no go, but maybe different for other business owners. I hate to say it, but if someone from India emails me about anything, it automatically gets deleted. I am open to outsourcing, but have simply been spammed too much, so this is closed door now.

Divert To Mobile
    Up
    Allhart, post: 133981 wrote:
    I hate to say it, but if someone from India emails me about anything, it automatically gets deleted. I am open to outsourcing, but have simply been spammed too much, so this is closed door now.

Easy to identify too, they’re always use gmail addresses.

Steve

Samir_icountz
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

Thanks Steve and Nathan…

Yeah the main problem is approaching SME’s in Australia as many Business owners just don’t like emailing them especially from oversea’s…

I always put my heart & soul into my work but due to few negative experiences someone like me is ignored by someone like you…

What should be my Marketing strategy then? I can’t wait for more business through referrals of my existing clients…I want to go out there and tell people about my experience,qualifications,ethics, professionalism ,cost savings and create awareness etc…Networking events would be a good start but being oversea’s doesn’t allow me to put a face to the name….. What do you think?

For privacy , confidentiality there are always ways to ensure that it is maintained with NDA’s and Privacy agreements…I take privacy very seriously with a simple mindset that I treat my clients files and records as mine … with a good attitude off course

Its a bitter truth that even my this post won’t have much response because I’m operating from oversea’s… sad :(

Would love to see your responses…

Cheers,

Samir

Divert To Mobile
    Up

Maybe some level of Australian presence could help.
    One of our clients operates from china and was having similar problems as yourself. He took on an Australian number and he noticed an improvement in inquiries..

Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.