• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fortcube21
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Just a short message to say ‘Hi’ and introduce myself to the community. I am currently working on starting up an indoor skiing and snowboard recreational centre in Perth, WA. Ideas and guidance on sourcing funding for my wacky idea would be most welcome and positive leads may result in free tickets.

Thank you,

Fortune

DanniB
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Fanatstic Idea; I will be your first customer!

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Fortune,

Welcome to Flying Solo and thanks for introducing yourself! Funding might be tricky for such a new idea for the area (assuming there isn’t one already?).
    I’d be thinking about how to take the risk away for the investor, e.g. do you have assets you can use as loan security (property for example), and how can you prove this business will work?

I’d research the heck out of any similar parks in oz or around the world, how profitable they are, which ones worked and which ones didn’t. Then at least you can be honest with yourself about whether it is really viable, and if it is, start proving it to investors.

Personally I’d visit existing parks, meet with the owners and express interest in partnering with them to bring their concept to Perth. They will tell you if they think it’s a good fit or not (and why), and they will have far better chance of getting investment because they’ve done it already.

Good luck!

Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.