Home – New Forums New here? Share your story so difficult!!!!!!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    desperate
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi every one i am new to this forum and im hoping for some helpful advise regarding my small business issue ie can i be voted out if majority rules as im a director/shareholder myself?????

BB
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

Dear Desperate,

We’d all love to assist and I’m sure that there is somebody here that can help with your problem, but first you’ll need to provide a few more details.

Things like where you are; what your business/industry is; the exact nature of your business structure (eg: partnership, company, family trust etc); and a little more about the exact nature of your problem.

You sound so … well… desperate.

But without more information, you’ll possibly find that there are very few people who will even comment, for fear of giving you the wrong help.

And remember – there are no strangers here, just friends you haven’t met yet!

B.B.

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

BB is right,

the structure of your business is important, and also what agreements were in place, eg shareholder/director/ownership agreements etc.

Kevin

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

OK, so you have provided this stuff on the other quote:

desperate, post: 0 wrote:
    Ok i am a small business owner and i am in partnership with 3 other people and 1 being my soon to be ex husband….and this is where my issue lies…..as we r all shareholders can a majority vote force me out as a director? as they want me to sign of on the business so he doesnt have to buy me out i have a solicitor but if memory serves me correct i think there is a formal shareholders agreement in place but i will have to double check that…..please help

We can sympathise with the situation – never a good one and thus why a shareholders agreement is important right up front.

There should be enough here for a legal-type to answer you, but it would be even better to get access to the shareholders agreement.

Kev

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.