Home – New Forums Starting your journey So I’ve got this CRAZY idea! And I need your HELP!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up
    ::

So I am basically blessed, and somewhat cursed at the same time with a brain that is almost constantly thinking of ideas in all different areas. While I’m sure many are rubbish, I’m pretty sure that a decent number of them have legs and could be amazing!

Because of the industry I’m in and the contacts I have some of the good ones I’m able to execute myself which is great, however there are a lot of others which I know that I can’t execute even if the money and demand for it was proven on something like Kickstarter.
    For example my Dad gave me this amazing product idea involving quadcopters, but even if I had a great Kickstarter campaign I wouldn’t be able to get it done because I just don’t have any knowledge in the area let alone the time to do it.

I keep my little treasure trove of ideas in a file in the cloud just in case one day the stars align and I’m able to make some more of them happen in the future. But here’s my problem…
    I’m pretty sure that the majority of the good ideas in that file may never get done because I’ll probably die before I ever get around to it.

Here’s my idea…
    What if there was a website were you could post up all your crazy ideas that you know you’re never going to do yourself, in order to allow others to pick up that idea and execute it.

The Main Problem
    The problem for most people (myself included) is that if it takes off and makes millions you naturally want some kind of a cut in some way, but obviously once that cat’s out of the bag it’s hard to put back in and not really possible to enforce any kind of IP.

The Question
    Is there any way anyone can think of which could make this workable? I know that if I posted up an idea and someone picked it up and made $10,000,000 that I’d be pretty pleased even with 1% or 5% just for giving birth to the idea.

Crowd funding platforms have enabled an amazing number of ideas come to life that would have otherwise died with the creator, but I think there would be a huge amount more that exist in people’s brains which may never come to life because that person lacks the knowledge or connections to make it happen!

Thoughts please?

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Not quite what you’re after, but This guy seems to be on a similar track.

https://sideracket.com/ideacloud

An idea with an edge, or the ability to fill a gap (product or service), or disrupt the market, is what’s always driven me in business … some have worked, and some have been complete crap, and I guess I’m still looking, and working on a couple (can’t help myself).

I think the issue might be (apart from securing some ongoing leverage and profit), that lot’s of people think they have a great idea. So you could finish up with 100’s of ideas coming in … and 99.99% of them will be rubbish from a business perspective.

Ideas tend to be cheap, unless someone see’s a way to execute it profitably …

Be interested to see other opinions on whether it’s doable.

Cheers

Stuart B
    Up

Actually this is really close to what I was imagining. Thanks for sharing!

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

There are a heap of websites like that if you search:
    You can look at

http://www.ideaconnection.com
    or check out the ‘similar search sites –
    http://www.similarsitesearch.com/alternatives-to/ideaconnection.com

If these are not similar to your idea, at least they can give you a way forward.

Stuart B
    Up

These are great. Thanks! Now at least I don’t have t build a side project, in order to complete my other side projects lol.

vhit
    • Total posts: 70
    Up

I wish I was creative so I could invent something!

I’m reading the book ‘Invent it, Sell it, Bank it’ by Lori Greiner from Shark Tank.

It tells you step by step how she got her inventions produced and sold. She has hundreds of products and hundreds of millions of dollars. Very interesting and practical book :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.