Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events So you missed it…..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    ::

Well I am sorry to say if you were not there this morning you missed it.

I and 12 other small business and soloists were there and by all accounts enjoyed it.

The venue was actually very good and the fooooooood, well that really is another story very very eadable

What did you miss, well you might ask and I will really have to think of telling you about the GBNB or even what that stands for.

For weeks it had been advertised here yes right here on the forum by a young bloke that goes under the forum name of Numberz.

Bruce organised and ran this event with professionalism, he made it all look to easy and in so doing every one felt relaxed and comfortable. All strangers meeting for the first time, different ages, occupations and from different areas of Sydney.

We even had a Consumer Psychologist, a Sydney city Business Coordinator, Financial Planner, Business Coach , Real estate agent , a Property Manager and a Creative Computer guy.

For my money the Time and Effort these people put in coming along to get GBNB up and running was just great.

So watch this space because you dont want to miss the next meeting of GBNB, come along and experience this absolutely worthwhile event.

If you want to know what GBNB is then ask.

BruceR
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Re: So you missed it……..

Thanks Burgo, glad you enjoyed it – good to hear it was worth the trip from Ryde.

Cheers for the young bloke comment too – very flattering!

For those who may be interested the GBNB acronym stands for Glebe Business Networking Breakfast. As implied by the name it is held in Glebe and is a forum for local business owners to come together to get to know each other and discuss issues or challenges of mutual interest. ABout half the participants were from Glebe itself with the others from neighbouring suburbs.

It was held in naggy’s cafe on Glebe Point Road which, as Burgo says, was very good and I recommend to anyone – it is also open for dinner.

The next event will be in a fortnight, Tuesday 18th and I will post it on this forum. I am also setting up a LinkdIn group http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2170828 to supplement the breakfast. It’s also on Twitter @GlebeBN or email [email protected].

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Awesome Burgo and friends, this sounds like a great gathering. I hope to make it along myself sometime in the not too distant future.

Robert

Jenna
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi All,

I’m not far away so I’d be keen to jump in on this provided I can make it that morning. Any upcoming dates?

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Hi Jenna

Bruce ( Numberz) organises these events and they are held everyt two weeks
    email [email protected]. and he will be only too happy to invite you along.

Unfortunately Im not able to get along again until October.

Jenna
    Up

Great thanks Burgo. Will do.

BruceR
    • Total posts: 195
    Up
    Burgo, post: 13481 wrote:
    Hi Jenna

Bruce ( Numberz) organises these events and they are held every two weeks
    email [email protected]. and he will be only too happy to invite you along.

Unfortunately Im not able to get along again until October.

Hi Jenna,

This group is for business people in or around the Glebe area to come together to get to know each other and to discuss issues or challenges facing us all – we have an online home at http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2170828.

We meet every second Tuesday for breakfast at 7.30am at naggy’s cafe on Glebe Point Road. The Event will be set up on LinkedIn for people to RSVP for catering and staffing purposes. We can also be found on Twitter @GlebeBN, [email protected] and the event is also posted on Facebook.

You’d be very welcome – the next breakfast is next week (15th Sept).

Thanks Burgo – see you next month….

Jenna
    Up

Well I’m not sure if I qualify as a “business person” quite yet but I think I’ll be able to make next Tuesday, pending any work appointments. Thanks for the details, I’ve joined the groups.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.