Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Social Network Marketing – THE BIG ONE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Z4CHARI
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    ::

As the title states, it’s the BIG question a lot of people ask them selves. I’m not asking people to post their strategies, but I’m wanting to know if they find it successful, and why?

Also I’d like to add a few questions of my own that might help others if they’re struggling a little bit or want some advice..

1. Why do you want to Market your Brand, Business or Self on a Social Network?
    a) What do you want to achieve?

2. Have you marketed your product, brand or business anywhere else before?

3. Do you think you will succeed?

4. Do you have a strategy behind you?

:)

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Hi Zach,

What’s your story? What do you try to accomplish with those questions?

Would love to know what you’re doing. You forgot that in your intro, which was great besides the missing bits :-)

Welcome to FS and good luck with your venture!

Regards,
    Mel

Z4CHARI
    • Total posts: 39
    Up
    Fingerfood, post: 118642 wrote:
    Hi Zach,

What’s your story? What do you try to accomplish with those questions?

Would love to know what you’re doing. You forgot that in your intro, which was great besides the missing bits :-)

Welcome to FS and good luck with your venture!

Regards,
    Mel

Hello Mel,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Why do you want to Market your Brand, Business or Self on a Social Network?
    This is a question I love to ask others and my self any time I jump on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. I also would like to answer my question, and yours now with a question… If that makes sense… There is a lot of questions in here. Haha. What is the main reason why you’re trying to push your product/service/brand or image on a social network? Does it all ball down to the end of the year $ sitting in your bank, your car, suits and other valuable treasures? Or is it because you get a kick out of seeing success, your work, products or services being displayed.

I think marketing a brand, image, business on ANY social network is beneficial and is a very VERY great way to engage, and actually talk with existing clients. You can also gain your critics, and find out what your viewers, fans, friends want and like. This also balls down to interaction. The more you interact the more solid relationships you will build.. I’d rather have 50 solid relationships of returning customers then 100 ‘ pass bys ‘.

What is it inside of YOU that thrives from when you do this?
    For me personally? It’s the services I provide, and the smiles I love to see on my clients and customers I don’t think of my clients as dollar signs, I see them as people who on the search for a general helping hand. I like to be the one who they come to.

a) What do you want to achieve?
    I’d like to achieve an overall goal – have my business not only take off, but to have such an impression on a person that if they’re walking past and see our signs on the doors, or on a billboard have them think ‘ You know, I’ll check these people out ‘. I’d rather have those interested in my efforts rather then try to sell or ram a sale contract down their throats.

2. Have you marketed your product, brand or business anywhere else before?
    Yes I have. I’ve tried the old approach of word of mouth as it has got me my first lot of clients quite quickly. Sometimes it only takes a polite tone, some happy chatter and $2000 of alcoholic beverages down the drain. Just kidding on the last part, but yes.. Definitely some happy chatter, and just a mention if the topic arises or even throw it out there on the table. Obviously not at the start of the conversation because you don’t want to be the business freak carrying on about this and that. Unless you’re meeting with a potential partner, or an actual client.

3. Do you think you will succeed?
    Personally I do think I will succeed. You just have to have the five key letters not in-built into your brain, but practice them in ways you feel comfortable with: M-D-I-C Motivation, Determination, Inspiration, Creativity. Having practiced these I find I’ve actually got the upper hand on some of my competitors already and I’m only the little guy.

4. Do you have a strategy behind you?
    I have many strategies behind me, but I only take it one step at a time. You don’t want to overload your self or push your self to hard. I know a lot of people do get a little ancy and want to see something badly, but that’s when if you make them wait the desire will only grow stronger!
    BUT don’t make it too long a wait without filling in some gaps with things for them to look forward too.

– I hope that has answered the questions appropriately, and in order. … ..
    I hope.. ha

As for my venture, I run a small online studio offering Photography, Graphic and Web Design, Marketing and Print services. I was about 15 when I had a sudden realization (NOT like the one off The Simposons movie, although having some old indian lady breathing heavily down my throat probably would of scared me away from my dream, anway…) that I had a thing about Marketing and Sales… It was something always in the back of my mind. For example my grandmother used to grow her own tabacco my parents both smoked and made their own taylor-made cigarettes with a little device.. But I noticed over my schooling terms that ‘ The smokers ‘ had a spot on the oval where they would go down and exchange, and sell each other smokes. I was never a smoker at this age and one day I just walked down and said hello, and started getting to know them, and the ‘ market prices ‘… Smokes where sellin’ for $1.00 and I thought well that’s ONLY for the RETAILED smokes off the shelf, I had something better.. Home Grown tabacco. So the next day I made 150 smokes and took them down the next day.. I sold 50 to a kid (A full packet basically) which made me my first lot of money. After that word got around and business boomed… I was making my first $500 a week selling home grown tabacco to people who smoked in school. Although I had to make my operation sneaky because my father and mother wouldn’t of been too impressed by me stealing their smokes. But I guess after a month or two of that, that’s when I had my ‘ sudden realization ‘ as mentioned previously..
    So thus the entrepreneur inside of me was born!

How about you? What’s your story and answers to these questions? :)

Mrs Fox
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

Social media is not a platform for direct trading, but rather a venue for forging human relationships and genuine interactions. Unless you can “connect” with the community, promotional efforts are unlikely to bring results. Rather than focus on products, social media marketing should provide the online community with something they can relate to, interact with, debate about, laugh at or share with others.

samlevy
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Social media is really helpfull to increase your business network . By using twitter and fb you can increase your traffic rapidly .

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Two key words ‘social’ and ‘networking’. They’re about meeting people, building relationships, getting to know one another. From there the marketing shouldn’t be in your face but more low key.

Networking is ultimately about building relationships. I use it as a way to let people know I exist and get to know more people. From there, if they’re interested, they visit my sites and perhaps we do business.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up
    samlevy, post: 128188 wrote:
    Social media is really helpfull to increase your business network . By using twitter and fb you can increase your traffic rapidly .

You won’t build traffic rapidly through social networking. Like anything, it takes time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.