Home – New Forums Tech talk Social Networking to attract Big Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nightflyer
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi All,
    Please excuse my reticence in this area, but I was wondering if anyone has had much success with Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or other types of social media when dealing with corporate customers? I am probably a bit behind in this (OK maybe way behind) but I am failing to see how sites like Facebook would help me connect to large companies or government entities.

Please help me understand.

Many thanks

Dave@SCBA
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Maybe Facebook might be more useful at attracting those who are on the verge of being “Big Business.” I would assume the big business would have got to that position before even considering Facebook. It is probably used to establish relationships between yourself and potential clients, because if Facebook was a country it would have the 3rd largest population in the world! Thats alot of potential clients just a click away.

With regards to Social Networking you have two options, be visible or invisible because there is no way of avoiding it. Being visibile will mean alot of work for what potentially could be no reward or it could get you in contact with a client you would never had considered.

Regards,

Dave

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

Take a look at this thread http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/sales-marketing/13263-facebook-generating-actual-dollars-you.html

Personally I find twitter a better source of new business, but it does depend on your business.

Carbonite Australia
    • Total posts: 118
    Up

If you are dealing in the corporate world then in terms of social media I would spend time with Twitter and LinkedIn before Facebook.

Corporate and Govt are on both of these platforms and use them to build their own networks.

However note that if your business is online, your social media program will assist you with your SEO so you can’t ignore it and shouldn’t.

p4tricia
    • Total posts: 44
    Up
    nightflyer, post: 74165 wrote:
    Hi All,
    …I am failing to see how sites like Facebook would help me connect to large companies or government entities…

Hi Nightflyer, from my experience consulting to corps and govt agencies, they tend to use facebook and twitter as 2-ways channel to allow public or consumers to talk to them. They don’t use it to talk to fellow companies or agencies. So at the moment social networking tools are more for Business-to-Consumers (B2C) rather than B2B.

I have also seen small-medium businesses talk and network more and more on facebook/twitter (e.g. restaurants contact web studio on facebook). But I haven’t seen big businesses do that (e.g. BHP Billiton don’t talk to Telstra on facebook).

Michael_R
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    nightflyer, post: 74165 wrote:
    Hi All,
    Please excuse my reticence in this area, but I was wondering if anyone has had much success with Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or other types of social media when dealing with corporate customers? I am probably a bit behind in this (OK maybe way behind) but I am failing to see how sites like Facebook would help me connect to large companies or government entities.

When you say dealing with corporate customers are you meaning finding business through social networks or using it as a form of customers service?

Because depending on the answer your strategy is going to be different and the information, links and content you put on the networks is going to be different.

I guess in general ‘most’ people have some form of social network on a site like twitter or linked in.

So being in the right spot at the right time with the right information is going to be your key.

Now the million dollar question is how to answer that last statement!! And with some good research and advice you should be able to hit this big time.

DM if you want a few more tips because we should know what service or product you are selling in this question as well.

thanks

rebaf
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

My comment is not so much about attracting Big Business but in securing it.

Your participation in social networks contributes to your overall online reputation. This may be a significant factor in convincing potential clients (large and small) that you have the credentials in your market to fill their need.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.