Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Software Developer from Perth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mattox
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello!

I’ve been visiting the Flying Solo forum on and off since I started my own Software Development business, very happy to have finally become a member. Here’s a little bit about me…

My entrepreneurial spirit started to spring to life when I was 15; I started my first gaming news website it was quite successful getting 100,000 visitors per week. When I turned 18 my family moved to Perth from Melbourne and my little gaming website empire started to stagnate as university and going out with friends became a priority.

When I turned 20 I went backpacking through Europe for 2 years on an extremely shoestring budget (I thought $5,000 would last me a year!). When I got home I started a bunch of backpacker related websites which reviewed hostels & gave advice on where to stay, what to do & what to take with you. I ended up selling the websites but the love of travel kept me developing travel related products which culminated in a backpacker hostel search engine which is still going strong today.

After I came back from Europe I buckled down and finished my software engineering degree getting my first post-uni job at a small technology startup company.

Whilst working my first job I had quite a few requests from people wanting me to build different software applications for them, I was happily doing both my normal paid work and the more exciting contract work. After a while working for the startup was no longer pushing me to learn and I decided it was time to strike it out on my own.

So for the last 2 years I’ve been running my own software development company which builds websites / web applications / iPhone, Android & Windows Phone 7 apps.

Nice to meet everyone!

Johnson
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

No one’s gone out of their way to say hello, so I’ll do it. :)

Welcome Mattox, this forum’s great for unwinding when you just want a break from everything, but don’t stay too long here, otherwise you’ll find yourself wasting time without even trying to!

Cheers,

-Johnson.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Mattox,

Thanks for the intro.. great brief and look forward to your input in the FS arena…

Would love to see some of your apps..work etc… web site?

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there Mattox,

I’m really sorry that I didn’t say hello and welcome earlier – I must have somehow missed your post :( (Thanks Johnson for the heads-up!)

You sound very skilled at what you do, and I’m sure there are a few folk around here besides Jason who’d like to check your work out. If you’d like to, you can include a link to your website in your forum signature. Do that from the Control panel, which is accessed from the grey bar above the forum.

All the best,
    Jayne

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 123241 wrote:
    , and I’m sure there are a few folk around here besides Jason who’d like to check your work out.

Hi Jayne

Sorry i was trying to be first to see and commission.. :D

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.