Home – New Forums Find the help you need Software Developer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    ::

The other company I’m involved is in need of a software dev for a upcoming windows-based program we need.

Doesn’t matter a great deal what language it is in as long as it runs on Windows (XP, Vista, 7 & 8); although from my understanding programs written in .net require the user to install the .NET framework!? If so, probably would want to avoid that.

Will discuss more details about it with you, but one part of it involves connecting to a web-based API (which I will build myself) to grab certain pieces of information.

If any has experience doing this kind of thing then hit me up!

Thanks!

Calcul8or
    Participant
    • Total posts: 481
    Up

Me! Pick Me! Pick Me! :-)

Sounds like an interesting project. Let me know when we can discuss possibilities.

Programmer. Analyst. Nerd. Calcul8ors.com.au Custom Software & Collaboration
    pranothir
    Participant
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi,

My husband is into IT and software development. I shared your requirement with him and he seems to understand what you’re looking at. Would you mind sharing your email so that I can get both of you connected with each other and you can take it further with him? Thanks

With regards

Pranothi

CondorCreative, post: 157953 wrote:
    The other company I’m involved is in need of a software dev for a upcoming windows-based program we need.

Doesn’t matter a great deal what language it is in as long as it runs on Windows (XP, Vista, 7 & 8); although from my understanding programs written in .net require the user to install the .NET framework!? If so, probably would want to avoid that.

Will discuss more details about it with you, but one part of it involves connecting to a web-based API (which I will build myself) to grab certain pieces of information.

If any has experience doing this kind of thing then hit me up!

Thanks!

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    Calcul8or, post: 157964 wrote:
    Me! Pick Me! Pick Me! :-)

Sounds like an interesting project. Let me know when we can discuss possibilities.

Sent you a PM! :)

pranothir, post: 158018 wrote:
    Hi,

My husband is into IT and software development. I shared your requirement with him and he seems to understand what you’re looking at. Would you mind sharing your email so that I can get both of you connected with each other and you can take it further with him? Thanks

With regards

Pranothi

Feel free to contact me via my website contact form :)

shoreconsulting
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Please reply with details, thin easy to install solutions not requiring dot net and interfaces to a web based api are deliverable.

Tiggerito
    • Total posts: 362
    Up

All your stated OSs come with a version of .Net pre installed and in most cases the installation of an updated .Net library is semi automatic. I’m wondering why you are against the programming language that is the core of most Microsoft software and therefore has a distinct advantage in it’s integration with windows and any applications from Microsoft?

I’d be interested to know if there are any other development environments that create code free from the need to install their own libraries and work cleanly on all the OS and hardware varaints.

.Net is good at interacting with web based APIs and webservices. From simple AJAX JSON requests to messaging frameworks like SOAP.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    Tiggerito, post: 158198 wrote:
    All your stated OSs come with a version of .Net pre installed and in most cases the installation of an updated .Net library is semi automatic. I’m wondering why you are against the programming language that is the core of most Microsoft software and therefore has a distinct advantage in it’s integration with windows and any applications from Microsoft?

I’d be interested to know if there are any other development environments that create code free from the need to install their own libraries and work cleanly on all the OS and hardware varaints.

.Net is good at interacting with web based APIs and webservices. From simple AJAX JSON requests to messaging frameworks like SOAP.

I’m not against .NET, I just wanted a seamless process for the user is all without them having to download anything else. I’m not a software dev myself so wasn’t aware that .NET was used so much, thought it may have been more C/C++. If .NET is generally installed then I don’t really have an issue using it then :)

markn
    • Total posts: 103
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 158199 wrote:
    I’m not against .NET, I just wanted a seamless process for the user is all without them having to download anything else. I’m not a software dev myself so wasn’t aware that .NET was used so much, thought it may have been more C/C++. If .NET is generally installed then I don’t really have an issue using it then :)

If you’re worried about using .NET get your developer to build an installer that checks for all necessary .NET requirements when installing and downloads them from Microsoft and installs them. I’ve built this into my .NET installers and it’s all very seamless and easy to use.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.