Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Software for email marketing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    optus
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hello I’ require a software which can assist me in email marketing business. I just opened my company and I would be grateful for every kind of help. It’s not a secret that low-costs are important in this matter. Can you propose some fine programs for it?

Bizzy
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

A good CRM like Goldmine does email marketing in it’s sleep.

If you are on a tight budget you can always go for a service like MailChimp.com which is free for 500 newsletters a month.

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

think mailchimp pretty cheap if 500+ too?
    not used it myslef but have looked around and it seems very user friendly

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

If you’re looking for a free email system, then yes, mailchimp (http://www.mailchimp.com) is a good place to start, assuming you have a small list. You can have up to 2000 subscribers and send 12,000 emails per month for *free*.

If you have more than 2k, then go with a commercial service such as Aweber, GetResponse or ConstantContact. I’ve used both Aweber and ConstantContact. Both have their strengths and weaknesses – what you need to do with your clients will likely be the deciding factor.

All 3 offer free trials (Aweber is $1) for you to get a chance to play with the back-end and see what’s easiest for you.

Above all, what you do with your email list is just (if not more) important than which service. 3 Key rules: Don’t spam, give value (ie don’t just pitch), and send regularly.

Best of luck with it!

4N_Man
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Yep, Mailchimp will get you up and going quickly, easily and cheaply.

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

use interspire email marketing- sure it cost money but it sits on my server and I have complete control, it is a wonderful tool not just for sending newsletters and autoresponders,

but the contact list system is fantastic.

but for basic newsletters you can use mail chimp

you may also want to look into RSS Feed to email newsletter

essentially you have people join your mailing list via a form on your site or an existing database and then the email program takes content from an RSS feed and sends this off to the recipient periodically so if you update your news items you can just update your blog or news area and the email newsletter takes care of itself(interspire does NOT have rss to email) Mail chimp might

Dave

Tony Pfitzner
    • Total posts: 213
    Up

A commercial service like Aweber is easy to set up, and gives professional management of user opt-ins and spam compliance. It also has very high deliverability, because Aweber works hard at maintaining the reputation of its IP address.

The downside is the stringency of its opt-in procedure. This means that quite a few subscribers fall off the vine during the subscription process. Despite this, I reckon this type of commercial service offers the most professional approach, rather than a self hosted system.

Mailchimp is another option.

I don’t see cost as a major issue, as they scale with the number of subscribers. If you have a big list then you can probably afford the fees.

angela123
    • Total posts: 310
    Up
    Tony Pfitzner, post: 79466 wrote:
    A commercial service like Aweber is easy to set up, and gives professional management of user opt-ins and spam compliance. It also has very high deliverability, because Aweber works hard at maintaining the reputation of its IP address.

The downside is the stringency of its opt-in procedure. This means that quite a few subscribers fall off the vine during the subscription process. Despite this, I reckon this type of commercial service offers the most professional approach, rather than a self hosted system.

I have just signed up for a $1 month trial with Aweber, and have found that you can disable the optin if you choose.

jakab
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi, I prefer AJ Email Marketer is the best user-friendly email marketing software, where it allows you to create, send , track your bulk emails using creatively-designed templates with numerous campaigning features and mailing options.

http://www.ajsquare.com/products/emailmarketing-software.php

bigdipper
    Participant
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

+1 for mailchimp

idraco5
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

There are a lot of different email marketing platforms to choose from such as Infusionsoft, Mailchimp etc.

Personally I’ve used Aweber to great results, plus I believe they have a 1 dollar trial.

Marra
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

As mentioned on another thread, I am trying WYSIJA which is a WordPress plugin. Seems to do a lot of similar stuff to mail chimp. If you use WP posts in your newsletters, this is convenient.

earthseacreative
    • Total posts: 96
    Up

I thought I would add my thoughts too.

I love MailChimp. It’s intuitive, has great support and resources, and looks professional.

Good luck with your email marketing journey :)

Merryn

Merryn Padgett
    Founder & Virtual Personal Assistant
    Earth & Sea Consulting

[email protected] http://www.earthandsea.com.au
    http://facebook.com/EarthSeaConsulting

ShanDesign
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

I would agree with the majority vote, and recommend MailChimp, especially as you are starting out and new to email marketing. It is very user-friendly and guides you through the set up and creation process.

One downside is that the free version brands the email with the MailChimp logo, however for a very small fee you can remove this.

If you are unsure, most graphic/web designers can set up your account for you. I have often created template designs for client’s account, then they only need to update the text and images each mail out.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

http://campaignmonitor.com/

Far, far better & easier to use than Mailchimp, plus it’s an Australian company to boot!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.