Home – New Forums Money matters Software Key Differences?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ark8architects
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

Hi fellow soloists,

Pardon my ignorance, but could anyone enlighten me on what the key differences are in features and capabilities (ignoring on-cloud features) between cashbook software (e.g. cashflow manager, express accounts) and ‘full-blown’ accounting software like MYOB, Xero, Quickbooks?

I think it’s a case of information-overload for me. Thus, can anyone shed light on the key differences, and your reasons and experiences of moving from one platform to another.

Thanks!

Julie Janzon
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    ::

Hi Kevin

This is the second time I’ve come across this question from an architect in two days. How bizarre.

As I told him, ignoring the cloud aspect, it’s a bit like comparing Ford vs Holden. They both do basically the same thing just in subtley differing ways. I’ve used both QB and MYOB for years both have advantages and disadvantages. Xero is cloud based as is another package called Saasu. These are both quite easy and basic to use.

MYOB and QB both have versions ranging from a very basic to more Accountant type versions with multi user functionality. Depending on your requirements. If it’s only you doing the bookkeeping, giving back ups to your bookeeper/ accountant for BAS or tax, I would suggest the MYOB version 2013 which is windows based and the easiest version to use.

I would not suggest MYOB Live (cloud based). I have not read a good report about it yet. QB online is not too bad although you do need excellent ADSL2 access and modem speed to use it. Xero and Saasu are also both good to use.

If you need more assistance please contact me I’d be more than happy to help you further. I am a professional partner for both QB and MYOB and can get acces to both packages for you and ask them any questions you need asked on your behalf. Happy to held another soloist.

Cheers

Julie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.