Home Forums Starting your journey Sole Trader

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heyman_526
    • Total posts: 21

Good evening ladies and gentlemen I was wondering if I can get some help please? I am looking at starting a business that I can run as a sole trader from my home, unfortunately I don’t really have any idea of what business I can begin that may fit into a sector or market in need. I was also wondering where the market may go and what products or services may be needed in the coming years that I may be able to consider. I don’t have any experience or knowledge about business but I am willing to learn.

Thank you very much for your time.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

Welcome.
    It is hard to give any advice with so little to go on. Do you have any skills that you could use online? What sort of work have you done in the past? Do you want online or physical work? etc.

Start with what you already know and decide on a direction from there.

If you have a couple of useful skills you could start off as a freelancer on one of the freelance sites just to get your toes wet and learn a bit about working for yourself before wasting money and time on something that you may not be good at or like, and it would give you an opportunity to improve what skills you have.

Working for yourself is hard and you don’t usually earn a lot so sometimes it is better to get a wage giving job if you can while you are learning to run your own business.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

Heres a thread from 2019, you may want to review previous advise given to you

https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?threads/new-business.46561/#post-267552

What did you do with that advise?

Did you follow anything up?

Have you progressed from there?

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

Good catch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.