Home – New Forums Get productive Soloists, let’s go MAD!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gen Y advantage
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    ::

Hey there Soloists,

This is something I came across a couple years ago and was wondering if you’d like to give it a crack with me. It was an initiative by an incredible author Jurgen Wolff (although people actually have to pay to be a part of this program of his).

Basically the idea is to set one day of each month where we all go MAD = Massive Action Day. You set aside your goals and what you need to achieve during that day. It’s actually and intensive 16 hours. Drop your distractions, your emails, don’t schedule any meetings, but just really sit there and do do do.

Every hour of the 16 you can come onto a forum (like this specific one) to have a quick check in to make sure that you are on task and held accountable for what you have signed up for. Of course Jurgen is a bit of a ‘focus’, ‘motivation’ expert, but hey I’m sure this is a supportive community too that will provide plenty of encouragement.

This is to:
    – get that report done
    – overcome procrastination
    – write your web copy
    – generate XX leads
    – write you ebook
    – write XX blogs to be dripped marketed over the month
    – write your marketing plan
    – do your taxes, organise your accounts
    – WHATEVER you have lingering, that you needed to do, but haven’t found the time somehow..

16 hours, intense productivity, with support and accountability, no fees. 1 day per month commitment. Guaranteed to quantum leap your productivity and drive your business forward. We can facilitate it right here on the FS Forum.

Who wants to go MAD with me?

Corset Kylie
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

I like the idea, but if I stopped into the forum every hour, I wouldnt get anything done, maybe every four hours. or am I the only one that would/does find the forum more of a distraction? It’s full of great info, ideas and people, but that would set me off trying to implement new ideas, and I would forget my to do list!

K

gen Y advantage
    Up

Hi Kylie,

It does sound contradictory, perhaps every couple hours is great. I think the main purpose is to have a mediator that gives you gentle encouragement and helps you to overcome productivity roadblocks.

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

Just sounds like a regular day to me ;)

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up
    My Wedding Concierge, post: 123235 wrote:
    Just sounds like a regular day to me ;)

I agree. With the exception of checking in on a website.

Essentially this is what many business coaches do – simply to provide a point of accountability for a set of predetermined outcomes.

Is it worth paying money for this?

AussiePin.com.au
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hi there,

I totally agree it’s a good strategy. Another good strategy I find is by using this software called “The Action Machine”.

It’s a set timer on your computer to do task, to increase productivity and waste of time..

gen Y advantage
    Up
    King, post: 123403 wrote:
    I agree. With the exception of checking in on a website.

Essentially this is what many business coaches do – simply to provide a point of accountability for a set of predetermined outcomes.

Is it worth paying money for this?

If I recall correctly Jurgen Wolff caps his program to 100 people p.a. and they pay per month – seems to work. Are you asking if its worth paying for the services of a business coach to do something similar?

If so, I would say yes. I used to be ‘busy’ working 16-20 hours a day, however not really achieving much at the end of the day, nor really knowing why I was ‘busy’. :) Coaches essentially help you to gain more clarity in your business goals and really breaking it down to the specifics of what needs to be done, by whom, by when, in which order of priority, how much time should be spent, milestones etc. Having a third party that can help you declutter your mind and act as a sounding board can be really refreshing for your business.

This is why I thought this idea works. (Though I wasn’t thinking of any monetary gain for anyone) more like a community effort.

Rico
    • Total posts: 137
    Up

I like the idea but I wouldn’t know how to achieve that. When I receive an email my phone rings, my computer bips, my Ipad calls and my laptop cries… They follow me every where…
    And what about that question for that customer, and the problem with the shipping, and the wife that needs me to go to the supermarket to buy milk…

I’d love to have a personal coach that can go to buy the milk for me when I try to get some work done!!!

bernardlau
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

I guess this is good for the type of Soloists that can’t get focused often enough.
    Giving yourself one day a month to focus hardcore would be good training, but in reality, isn’t it better to do it in baby steps? Just like losing weight?

It seems the idea of getting onto the forums every X hours is to sort of tick your checklist and see if other people are making theirs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.