Home – New Forums Get productive Soloists – We need you to brag!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up
    ::

Hey team,

This forum has provided countless soloists with advice, tips, and encouragement for overcoming those little snags and queries and new frontiers. And so it’s a great place to come whenever you need a little help.

But when we DO get over that hurdle, reach that milestone, and have some success, we tend not to come back and tell everyone about it. After all, big-noting is considered a little un-Australian right?

Well personally, I find nothing more inspiring than hearing that soloists around me are actually making it! So if you’ve recently had a success, a milestone, a first sale, or whatever, you have 100% permission to brag in this thread.

In fact, your fellow soloists NEED YOU TO BRAG. They need to know that there are soloists all around them who are winning…

Dave

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

I have used Flying Solo almost since it’s conception.

Flying Solo was there when I had my previous business, it was there when I was employed by another business and it is still here now that I have my current business.

I have lost count of the amount of people that I have recommended to this site and I can thank Flying Solo for the clients that it has directed my way too.

In my current business I work with soloists as a business advisor, obviously charging for my service.

Flying solo allows me to give back to the soloist community at no cost, to repay the help I have received over the years.

Thanks for always being there Flying Solo.

Wealthfarm
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 186789 wrote:
    I have used Flying Solo almost since it’s conception.

Flying Solo was there when I had my previous business, it was there when I was employed by another business and it is still here now that I have my current business.

I have lost count of the amount of people that I have recommended to this site and I can thank Flying Solo for the clients that it has directed my way too.

In my current business I work with soloists as a business advisor, obviously charging for my service.

Flying solo allows me to give back to the soloist community at no cost, to repay the help I have received over the years.

Thanks for always being there Flying Solo.

Hi,

I was just recently interviewed by Rob Nixon, the founder and CEO of Proactive Accountants and got the privilege to talk about my business.

I hope that me and my business can contribute on making small businesses do better business.

You may want to see the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht-NA_7Fvlc

Regards,

Nick Sinclair

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I’ve been a member here since November 2008 when there were only six members. Numbers have grown somewhat since then. I think we’ve given out 30 plus copies of the “Flying Solo” book. I often refer to Flying Solo as one of the most important Forums for small business that is available and have encouraged many of my friends and aquaintences to join contribute and learn.

Not only has Flying Solo taught an “Old Dog” new tricks, it has kept the mind ticking and the knowledge developing.

The Bonus Flying Solo has given us is friendship on a scale unheard of anywhere else.
    If you need help and or advice all you have to do is ask

That’s why I’m still here

Keymaster
    Up

Thank you for the generous comments about Flying Solo. :D

But that’s too generous to be considered bragging. We need more people to simply give us a shout if you’re winning!

For example…
    I just made my first sale.
    I just passed my goal of $X in revenue.
    I just sold my business!
    I’m now living my dream.

The people just getting started need to know you’re out there…

Dave

KidsActivitiesDelivered
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

I decided to bite the bullet and spend a small amount of money for a facebook shoutout on a school mum’s page.

The next morning I had over 100 new facebook likers and my first 8 orders.

After months of planning and preparing I think I am actually in business :)

Flying Solo has been an invaluable resource for me so far, especially being Australian based. I have participated in a few web seminars and I am an avid reader of the forums, thank you for a great web resource!

Dimi
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Even though I still work full-time, my goal is to be a full time stay home mom.

Me and my partner both took a risk of purchasing an online wedding accessories store. A lot of risk was involved as it was an unknown area and we didn’t really know where to look and get advise from. Have to say, FlyingSolo is a great forum and has helped us immensely in the lead up and is a bookmarked website we visit daily.

Its been almost three and a half weeks since we acquired the store and we have got 3 sales and we’re couldn’t be happier.

What’s most exciting is that we’re completely revamping the website with a new design and layout and a lot of work is going to the development and I’m learning a lot about SEO and other areas that are key to building a successful online store. We hope to go live with the new layouts end of this week.

If you have a look at the current site as it is, you will think how useless it looks but interestingly people still buy.

This forum has like minded people and also people who share similar experiences. Great resource!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    KidsActivitiesDelivered, post: 186916 wrote:
    I decided to bite the bullet and spend a small amount of money for a facebook shoutout on a school mum’s page.

The next morning I had over 100 new facebook likers and my first 8 orders.

After months of planning and preparing I think I am actually in business :)

Flying Solo has been an invaluable resource for me so far, especially being Australian based. I have participated in a few web seminars and I am an avid reader of the forums, thank you for a great web resource!

Woohoo! Go Sarah! That’s awesome news, and we are all doing the happy dance with you! :D

Onwards and upwards!
    Jayne and the team at FSHQ

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    Dimi, post: 186943 wrote:
    Its been almost three and a half weeks since we acquired the store and we have got 3 sales and we’re couldn’t be happier.

Congratulations Dimi, you’re off to a rocking start!

I’ve been following your discussions about the upcoming revamp of your site too, and am sure that with all the thought you’re putting into it, you’ll be enjoying even more sales in the weeks and months to come.

Good on you, and thank you for your lovely feedback about Flying Solo too – you’ve made our day :)

Jayne

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up

I’ve just been interviewed for the Sydney Morning Herald…

Will update when it goes ‘to air’.

Jenny

Keymaster
    Up

Wow this is more like it!

Sarah, Dimi, and Jenny – high fives all round. 😎

A couple of early sales can be life changing. If only for the realisation that – “I can do this”. Or better still – “I’m DOING this”.

Awesome.

Dave

Reenie@Striking Stitches
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

I’ll brag – I’ve earned the right to do so.

I love working from home, running ‘my little embroidery business’.
    I also revel in being totally self-sufficient for income – no Centrelink top-ups for 2 1/2 years and the last two tax returns I had to pay tax! :)
    These might seem silly little things but for me, having turned 50 this year, it’s wonderful to have found something I absolutely love doing, to do it from home (on the glorious Gold Coast) and to finally be able to stand on my own two feet and support myself and also pay some taxes to help support others that might not be so fortunate.
    I don’t have a 6 figure income and I don’t ever want to. I live a modest yet comfortable life and have found a great work/life balance.

Qinnie(OzFairTrade)
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

I built an e-commerce based charity with no business or web building knowledge. I juggle a full time job and what’s essentially a small business. I have been featured in local papers and I have won a group of loyal customers.

I know I still have a mountain to climb, but it feels good to be proud of what I have achieved :)

Thanks for providing this place!

Keymaster
    Up
    Reenie@Striking Stitches, post: 187202 wrote:
    I’ll brag – I’ve earned the right to do so.

I love working from home, running ‘my little embroidery business’.
    I also revel in being totally self-sufficient for income – no Centrelink top-ups for 2 1/2 years and the last two tax returns I had to pay tax! :)
    These might seem silly little things but for me, having turned 50 this year, it’s wonderful to have found something I absolutely love doing, to do it from home (on the glorious Gold Coast) and to finally be able to stand on my own two feet and support myself and also pay some taxes to help support others that might not be so fortunate.
    I don’t have a 6 figure income and I don’t ever want to. I live a modest yet comfortable life and have found a great work/life balance.

Reenie a true success story, no doubt about it! Keep it up. :)

Dave

Sonja Meyer
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

Ok here goes:

I’m living my dream of travelling the world while working as a Graphic Designer.

I recently spent 6 weeks in Barcelona, working and exploring. I average about 3 days a week of work from Australian clients and have temporarily settled in one of my favourite places in the world – Scotland – (for about 4 months until I decide where I want to be next) where I am renting my very first studio desk and am filling my other 2 week days with freelance work.

I couldn’t be happier and my soul could not be fuller. Fear of failure and the unknown is really all that ever stops us. I didn’t let it.

Sonja

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.