Home – New Forums Find the help you need Solution for Online Directory

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    erinna
    Participant
    • Total posts: 135
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone.

I was hoping to get some recommendations and thoughts for one of my backburner projects – its aimed towards connecting charities/organisations who need a service (eg. Photography) with those who are happy to help for free/low cost.

I would like to create a directory that allows two category of members (organisations and service providers) to find each other, but only after they’ve signed up (for confidentiality reasons). The ability to PM, have a calender and/or noticeboard would be great as well. I know I could do the latter as a forum, however I am keen for members to be able to search amongst themselves, via state etc (similar to the FS Directory) – and for each member to have a proper blurb about themselves, links to websites, logo/pics etc.

So Im wondering what solutions I may be able to use for this? I dont even know what terms to search for, and if someone has a recommendation for something that works for them, that would be grand :)

I was considering WordPress Buddypress (this site seems to use it well: http://tastykitchen.com/)

As its a startup, somethings thats not too expensive would be great too! :D

Thanks!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi erinna,

This doesn’t necessarily answer your question, but I was wondering if you were familiar with Good Company? I have often noticed volunteering opportunities for photographers there.

All the best,
    Jayne

erinna
    Participant
    • Total posts: 135
    Up

Hi Jayne,
    Thanks for reminding me of that site. I have seen it before. :)

It might be a good start for me. For my particular project, I was going to concentrate on photographers to begin with.

However, it will be good to see how another site operates, and hopefuly i will get some projects from that too :)

digitalds
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

H Errina,

I run a website design and hosting business and would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

This is a no obilgation discussion. I like to help others out with their ideas and to see if I can help in any way.

Thanks
    Lea

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.