Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Some comments needed for a pearl jewelry website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dmscollections
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

I run a business designing freshwater pearl jewelry, it is my side hobby and I love it!

I originally run it in Ireland and sell it in tea parties.. then I decided to try out an online shop well now I found out I have been paying too much to google!!

I previously work as an auditor giving out tax and consultation advise… a bit sick of it now I have young children just want my work life to be more balance.

Now I am moving to Melbourne, such a lovely city that I love!! Business experts here please advise me on how you like my website — I am ready to roll with the punches.

Susana
    http://www.dmscollection.com

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

You don’t seem to have any logo or business name on the site…?

dmscollections
    Up

Hi Dan, actually the website set up as testing website. I am waiting for my designer with the logo.

Anonymous
    Up

Hi Susana

Thanks for being brave and posting your site for our review. As per the guidelines above, it’s really helpful if you can answer some questions for our reviewers so that they can offer the best advice. You’ve already answered numbers 1 and 2 in your original post, but can you shed any light on numbers 3 and 4 for us?

1. What would you like reviewed? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What are your specific concerns, questions and objectives?

Thank you again,
    Jayne

deskchecked
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

My two (fairly pedantic) cents:

• Love the simplicity of the design & the site as a whole.
    • Dislike the pink/white popup menu. Feels tacky and ill-defined.
    • The non-uniformity in the images and prices makes the prices a little hard to follow.
    • Be nice if I could add stuff to the basket without having to view the full details (e.g. I know what I want and/or buying multiple things)
    dmscollections
    Up

Hi Jayne

Thanks for the questions, and sorry I wasn’t on the internet my apple sent to icare… took a while to get it back as their technicians were sick..

DMS Collections corporate image is to portait woman wanting to owe a nice piece of jewelry at affordable prices. The pearl necklaces there on high street store is simply outrages. Being able to obtain freshwater pearls beads, I incorporated my interest in jewelry design with pearls.

My goals for setting up the selling my freshwater pearls through the internet it to actually know what sort of design would most woman wants. The shop online was set up 2 years ago, however most of the people who purchase online 70% are man buying it as a gift.

One of the biggest drawbacks for setting up an online shop is internet advertising is very costly. I had paid google a huge amount of money and I would hope that it would work without paying google. I am trying to find ways like advertising on blogs.

FS Concierge, post: 28009 wrote:
    Hi Susana

Thanks for being brave and posting your site for our review. As per the guidelines above, it’s really helpful if you can answer some questions for our reviewers so that they can offer the best advice. You’ve already answered numbers 1 and 2 in your original post, but can you shed any light on numbers 3 and 4 for us?

1. What would you like reviewed? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What are your specific concerns, questions and objectives?

Thank you again,
    Jayne

Anonymous
    Up

Thanks Susana – that should help people know what you’re looking to do.

All the best,
    Jayne

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Hi Susana,

To be honest with you, if I was looking to buy your product and I came across your website, I would probably buy from you.

Main reasons being that …
    – You site is easy to navigate.
    – You have contact information + about me section.
    – Your products are lovely (Especially this one)

– Jake

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Yes the site is nice and clean – but still has an element of database front end – this could be improved by not having the products displayed in rows and columns on the front page.

Also images!!! They need to be improved. If you are taking them yourself, then take some time to set up a nice little photo booth, with really good lighting etc. With your products, images are soooo important.

Look at some more advanced image management. There are various free scripts out there that allow people to zoom in on details they like. I think this will help conversion rate enormously.

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

Hi Susanna
    Welcome to the forums. I guess it depends a lot on who your target market is with your products – certainly in Sydney the demand for pearl jewellery is for a lot more modern designs – mixing with leather, gemstone beads and less beads rather than more. If you are targetting more the older market then the more traditional designs will work better. Building traffic to any site is an ongoing job – one of the best things you can do is to start building up a database who you can market to on an ongoing basis. Find a way to get the contact details of the visitors to your site. Also look at other businesses with similar target market who you can build strategic alliances with.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.