Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Some Free Marketing eBooks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up
    ::

Hi Soloist’s,
    I’ve been encouraged by the feedback I’ve received from some of our forum members (thank you Wordmistress and mtpocket) on our marketing ebooks that we’ve developed and made available for free on our website.

We have two free Marketing eBooks that i’m happy to share with the forums. If you enjoy them please feel free to share with other business owners or on your Twitter account (follow me too while your there @MikeFromEngage).

The ebooks currently available are:

• Small Business Marketing Plan Template
    • 30 Big Small Business Marketing Ideas

For those that are interested, you can download the eBooks at the link below (no signup or annoying delay required!)

http://www.engagemarketing.com.au/marketing-ebooks.php

I’d love to get some feedback from anyone that gives them a read.

Cheers,
    Mike

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

Hi Mike,

I took a look at the marketing ideas book. Some useful ideas for when you need some inspiration. I added a few to my “things to look in to” list.

Thanks for sharing

Steven Hudson
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Hello Michael

I have had a quick read…they are good.

But why haven’t you collected a name and email address when making these available? It is pretty much an accepted process today.

Oh! By the way how big a boat?

Cheers

Steven

mike@engagemarketing
    Up

Well a nice dingy will do me fine (i’m not much of a fisherman but 2010 is my year to learn!).

In regards to not collecting the contact details off people in exchange for the download of the eBook, we’ve done this to remove the barrier with people downloading it.

While collecting contact details gives you the chance to market directly to them in the future, it means that more people reach the page, see the form and just close the window. While this certainly isn’t every visitor, removing this increases the download rate of the document by more than 20%.

This fits in better with our marketing strategy. We don’t want to be the agency that bombards people with emails and phone calls on how their business is failing and they NEED us now. It’s not who we are. We’re about getting good marketing out to as many people as possible. In the end this exposure to us, combined with our regular market efforts, will result in a better conversion rate.

Jay-T
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Good stuff Mike,

I totally agree with the strategy…I think that everyone is sick of the whole “you can have this free piece of crap so I can fill up your inbox with sales pitches” tactic.

Not implying that your’s is crap mike I’ll definitely be checking it out :)

I’m doing the same thing shortly on my site I’ll be giving away a simple framework to help small business owners get more leads for their businesses by reducing the competition to nil.

And it’ll be the same, no sign up or any of that crap just a free gift for followers of the Mighty Renegade Posse! Lol

Again good stuff mike!

mike@engagemarketing
    Up

Thanks Jay-T. Internet marketers annoy me a little. As everyone tries to make a quick buck their tactics of swapping your details for some sort of information product are getting less effective.

Make sure you post a link on here when your eBook is up and I’ll have a read.

Thanks again mate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.