Home – New Forums Starting your journey Some help with website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    msteen
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

Hey all,

I was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback on consulting café.

I would love all the help that I could get, and any feedback would definitely be beneficial to the growth of my website. It’s based on the consulting industry, and I know that there are a lot of you that are consultants here whether working at a big 4 or are just freelancers. Ultimately, any feedback’s great!

Thanks in advance.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Overall I think it’s not bad, my main gripe is it feels like there’s lots going on, especially the home page. I would use Google Analytics to see what elements are popular on the page and what are not, then remove those elements that no-one is clicking on.

Best of luck – Phil.

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

I agree with IncredibleCo. Too busy.

You only have a few seconds to grab attention and engage people. It took a lot longer than that for me to get any idea what the site is about. It just seems to be trying to do too much for a landing page.

I’d aim to get the landing page much simpler, then open up the functionality as the user engages with the site. I’m guessing its a Rails site, so the devs should be able to open up the content more as the user desires.

Also, I know what #IncredibleCo is saying about the google analytics, but if you have a page this complex, I’d probably look to a heat map with a page this complicated – something like Crazy Egg.

Whichever way you go, some analytics and testing in there to help you refine the site a bit will go a long way.

Best of luck with it!

Cheers

msteen
    Up

Thanks guys, definitely appreciate all the help.

• Total posts: 151
    Up

Website design testing

HI

It is confusing at first due to not sure what the ‘product’ is. It looks like you are a consultancy for cafe industry at first, then slowly it becauses apparent that you are offering a place for consultants to share/buy resources.

Some points to look at

• Have someone use your website and nav around it while you watch to see what obtacles they face
    • I dont like the idea of rating clients in public. Not only does this go against most professional codes of practice, but what is the point? Good consultants will spot bad clients early and have learnt how to manage them
    • I notice that you have no method/system to ensure that sold documents are fully owned by the seller. Copyright etc
    • The thumbs of the products on sale are not presented attractively enough to get attention. Are they all just powerpoints?

I could be wrong, but most consultants prefer to use documents/tools that are developed for each client as clients hate a cookie cutter approach to consulting.
    Imagine turning up to do work and some other consultant has already used the exact same forms you just offered to use.

endlessink
    Up

Very clean looking and easy to use. Seems fine to me :)

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up
    endlessink , post: 120206 wrote:
    Very clean looking and easy to use. Seems fine to me :)

Agree, looks fairly clean-cut to me and easy to navigate around. Nice one

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

The website looks good, a bit cluttered but I did spend my time reading it. My main concern is maybe the actual business model itself, if consultants actually do want to buy templates? In addition would be good if the template sample was a bit cleaner? And maybe “less” like a template. The future directions of presentation and reports are more visual as well, so maybe you sample templates can reflect that.

One last comment I would make is it sounds like you are trying to do a lot of things. Perhaps focus on one? Feedback amongst clients may be the last one I’d tackle. I’m playing the devils advocate here but why would I as a consultant give a good review of a client I want to keep? This will open the doors to other consultants to steal my business. Just a thought :)

Good work through :)! It’s great to see start-ups getting out there and getting their hands dirty!

Thanks for reading,

Wendy

nathanw
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Maybe it is just me, but on the “Sign Up Now*” button the asterisk immediately invokes negative feelings even though the asterisk actually signifies “It’s free” – a positive thing. Perhaps consider removing the ‘*’?

Secondly I was a little disgruntled by having multiple languages. I think this was because I was not informed of this and felt like I wasted my time because I was misled. I don’t know specifically how you can overcome this, but perhaps something like putting “(FR)” in the item title so it reads “B2B online (FR)” would work and is quite simple to do.

Lastly, I think it would look better if you have 6 sub-sections instead of the current four so that it goes down to the same level as your “Latest Articles” Section. Just a small point, but I felt was worth pointing out.

Other than that I like the website and have actually bookmarked it for browsing later. Good luck and keen to see what happens :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.