Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Some motivation needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alwayshope
    Participant
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    ::

I just started a great job and was hired through my abn-and work four days a week and get a good hour rate. The only problem is the role is not what I expected and I really want to work there and keep on growing but I feel that they are going to fire me as I am not meeting their sales targets. I am great on the phone-following what is told- but there targets are not achievable and I getting really demotivated as they have a black board and every day put your total figures each sale you make. I started off doing good but now am going bad-its not for lack of trying-I am trying everything and have a positive attitude. Does anyone know what I can do?

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I think your putting too much pressure on your self.
    Deep breathing relax and be yourself.
    If the expected targets are impossible to achieve, your either working for a greedy company or they dont have a very good employee policy.
    I would suggest to your supavisor to show you how to achieve these targets, betcha theyc cant either.
    My suggestion is start looking around, may be a job you want but can you handle the pressure.

trymyluck
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

Yeah I agree with Burgo about the pressure, Perhaps try to think less about the total results and break down your successes into smaller ones, and reward yourself with say a choclate each time you meet a goal.
    Try reading a book on sales its also a great way to get ideas to generate more sales and help with the motivation. Even an old book that you have read before and got something good from.good luck

jon wight
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

My advice in this scenario is twofold

1) Find the best salesperson and spend time with them and find out and learn thier techniques and skills and then add to the sales process your personailty
    2) Talk with your supervisor and have a chat about expectations. Thier expectations may be lower than yours – hence the pressure your putting on yourself may not be warranted. If they feel your not meeting expectations then ask to spend time with their best salesperson so you can improve.

They will like your communication efforts and your enthusiasm to learn. You will feel much better once you have had discussions with them.

Whatever you do don’t ignore it.

Hope this helps.

Regards

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

I agree. Break down your big goals into smaller goals to make them seem more achievable.

Alwayshope
    Participant
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    tonyk, post: 133074 wrote:
    I agree. Break down your big goals into smaller goals to make them seem more achievable.

Thanks everyone for your advise. No they put the pressure on but even the other gals say that the targets are not achievable. I really love it there and dont want to lose my job!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

You could stay back, come in early, do more hours to improve your targets.

Steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.