Home Forums Logistics Sourcing Agents etc yada yada

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pykie
    • Total posts: 4

I’m sure there’s a million threads on sourcing agents on here. Here’s another one

Basically I’m a property developer looking at getting the majority of my home contents developed in China (kitchens, robes, tiles, cladding etc) and imported by the house load at a time.

Does anyone have any experience with a reliable agent in the Guangzhou (or all of China for that matter) area that I might be able to bounce off? I’m trying the organise a trip over there atm and although I’ve been planning to do this for a long time, there are literally a hundred thousand of these guys, and probably double that in factories that don’t produce the kind of quality and product I’d be interested in.

Cheers.

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,554

Hi Pykie,

I can’t help you out there, but just want to welcome you to Flying Solo!

Good luck with your adventures in China. :)

Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    IMEX Sourcing Services2
    • Total posts: 42

Hi,

We are a sourcing company based in Guangzhou and we do a lot of projects like this. In fact, we are just in the process of a completing a similar project for an Australian client who found us via the forums here. I will be happy to introduce you to them.

As you mention, there are tonnes of sourcing companies out there and a very vast majority of them are 1 man army’s with home-based operations and therefore visiting China would really help you shortlist the right service provider for you, as you can personally meet them, clarify your queries as well as assess their scale to see if they would be the right fit for you.

Cheers
    Ash

Pykie
    • Total posts: 4
    IMEX Sourcing Services, post: 211860 wrote:
    Hi,

We are a sourcing company based in Guangzhou and we do a lot of projects like this. In fact, we are just in the process of a completing a similar project for an Australian client who found us via the forums here. I will be happy to introduce you to them.

As you mention, there are tonnes of sourcing companies out there and a very vast majority of them are 1 man army’s with home-based operations and therefore visiting China would really help you shortlist the right service provider for you, as you can personally meet them, clarify your queries as well as assess their scale to see if they would be the right fit for you.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,

I shot you an email off your website. You guys sound exactly what I’m after.

I’m currently planning on coming in late may/early June for between 7-14 days depending on the advice of the sourcing agents and the specific area’s that specialize in each type of product and depending on if I need to move cities.

As I said, this is more a quality checking trip, the houses I sell are right at the top of the market, and although most of the kitchen manufacturers I’ve found online are good for the middle of the market, my quality requirement truly are, top end custom kitchens in the range of $50-$100k in Australian retail terms.

I’m sure there’s one factory in China to meet my needs, just need the right agent to help me find it :)

IMEX Sourcing Services2
    • Total posts: 42

Hi Pykie,

Thanks for your email. I believe one of our team would have already responded to you but I will dig out your message and get back directly.

China does have a lot of high-end furniture manufacturers these days, who are still a lot cheaper than say, Italian manufacturers. However, the problem they face is, because its “Made in China”, sometimes clients are not willing to pay them the prices they deserve, i.e. due to a negative perception bias. Also, with these, there is often considerable room for price negotiation.

Cheers
    Ash

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.