Home – New Forums Tech talk Spam, spinning and SEO

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    profitclicks
    • Total posts: 160
    Up
    ::

Maybe thought should be put into having different levels of the forum. If you have been around for a while, you get to join the inner circle and only members of the inner circle see these posts. Then again this may make the forum feel uninviting for newcomers. Would be interested to hear thoughts on this idea?

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Firstly, let me say that I love FS and I’ve gained so much information, advice and insight, that I could never have imagined when I first joined. I’ve got to admit though that I’ve been less inclined to comment or contribute over the past few weeks.

I still jump on every day and check out the new posts, but there seems to be fewer stimulating threads. Perhaps that’s actually me and, as Peppie said, having seen most of the topics previously discussed, the original enthusiasm for something new dwindles.

My biggest gripe is the first time posters who ask the same questions that have already been covered ten times over, without going through the search function first. But again, it’s new for them as it was for me, and maybe this is all part of the natural cycle of being part of a forum.

I love being able to post and getting a laugh from so many of you (as well as a few “OMG are they for real?!?!)

Have a great weekend everyone !!

Wendy :)

Steveo
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

I am very much a part-timer when it comes to FS, but do enjoy reading the newsletters and articles – I actually wrote a few! – and it’s defintely the first place I’d come to ask a question as I know there are many experts around.

In fact I came this morning to ask a question about choosing a website name – not plugging anything – honestly, and when writing the post I did consider adding “and I’m not looking for an SEO” as I guessed I would get a lot of “offers” to sort that out for me, let’s see what happens.

Managing a forum is notoriously difficult, I just hope this place stays around for a long time to come…

Steve.

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

I think that no self promo is a good rule.

I only regularly read two forums (this one and whirlpool). The rest (american/uk sites) that I occasionally visit have large spam problems (why I don’t go there much). IMO Whirlpool seem to do an excellent job of their moderation, (how they do it I don’t know).

On the killing everything for money thing….Most civilisations of past have crapped out in some way (presumably using up all their resources?). I don’t think ours is going to be all that different…the large majority of people I talk to are not content with what they have and I doubt they ever will be…

Just make sure you add it into your business plan lolz…

DigitalDomination
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

Spam and spinning is pretty well dead with the Panda updates, it’s just going to take some time for them all to realise it doesn’t work.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.