Home – New Forums Get productive Speaking of Nana naps………

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    ::

Today, just like every other Thursday, I will be taking my 92 year old Mother shopping.:)

Sometimes we stop in at the podiatrist on the way back.:eek:

And sometimes, she even lets me go do the shopping by myself!;)

All best,

Lindsay

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Today, just like every other Thursday, my other half goes shopping.

As per usual I’ll do just about anything to avoid being involved ( I always make sure I’m busy on Thursday’s, even if I fib a bit).

You’re a brave man if your prepared to go it alone on the shopping.

On the occasions I do it, I always pay dearly … usually a minimum of a couple of hours having my self esteem adjusted, as I take on board my lack of retail purchasing skill.

Luckily for me, my mum is only 86 … and having raised me (insider knowledge), wants me nowhere near her when she’s shopping, but finds me handy (more my ute than me) for pickup’s.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Sometimes we stop in at the podiatrist on the way back.

So was today one of those lucky days?! ;)

By the way – I just noticed your location is the Dandenong Ranges – where about? I am in Belgrave so we’re practically neighbours…

Hope you’ve enjoyed the shopping adventure :)

As per usual I’ll do just about anything to avoid being involved ( I always make sure I’m busy on Thursday’s, even if I fib a bit).

I just knew that you fellows fibbed to get out of shopping day! I wonder what would happen if we also fibbed to get out of it?

Greg_M
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 163366 wrote:
    I just knew that you fellows fibbed to get out of shopping day! I wonder what would happen if we also fibbed to get out of it?

The budget would be blown to bits, but it’d be done very quickly.

Congrats on the impending birth, get as many naps as you can. From memory, you’re going to need them, a fabulous time none the less.

I’m currently, greatly enjoying my new grand daughter (6 mths). Babies are great when you can hand them back if they crack it.

JacquiPryor
    Up

I’m currently, greatly enjoying my new grand daughter (6 mths). Babies are great when you can hand them back if they crack it.

Our baby will be grandchild number 1 for my mum… I think she is quite liking the idea of being able to her back if she cracks it (although, my child won’t crack it… ever… :))

Greg_M
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 163376 wrote:
    Our baby will be grandchild number 1 for my mum… I think she is quite liking the idea of being able to her back if she cracks it (although, my child won’t crack it… ever… :))

Ha, ha.

I thought the same about my grand daughter, but I have to admit she’s been handed back a few times … sometimes it’s only mum or dad that works.

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 163366 wrote:
    So was today one of those lucky days?! ;)

By the way – I just noticed your location is the Dandenong Ranges – where about? I am in Belgrave so we’re practically neighbours…

Hope you’ve enjoyed the shopping adventure :)

Hello Jacqui,

Just back from the shopping adventure. (No podiatrist.) Of course part of the adventure is the one hour drive each way apart from the shopping trip.

Yep, we are definitely Hills neighbours. I’m in Mount Dandenong and often come to Belgrave to go to the Cameo.

All best,

Lindsay

JacquiPryor
    Up

Well there you go!

I’m often surprised at how many of us ‘hills folk’ turn up on Flying Solo! It’s definitely a new age way to get to know your neighbours!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.