Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Specific Mobile Number

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Does anyone have any idea where I could go to “buy” or at least wait around to buy a specific mobile number ?

I want one with the ending 738 748 … I don’t care what the first lot of numbers are at the beginning it is these last sets that I would desire to have ….

it’s memorable and spells exactly what I want…

???

(anyone had a go at trying to guess what it spells hahaha ?)

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

My guess would be to ring the telco you wish to go with. But I don’t know how you will go. That number could be sitting in the recycling bin of any number of telco’s!

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Ha … I would start calling / smsing

etc

And ask them if they’d be willing to sell their number.

IF someone called me and offered me $400 for my number, I’d probably do it (if I wasn’t in business … ) – as long as they explained why …

Anonymous
    Up

The only problem is if the number is a “dead” number yet it hasn’t expired yet (as I have of those.. my number is still active/valid however I do not + have not used it for many months waiting for it to just expire).

At least it gives me something to do when I’m bored hahahaha

BB
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

When I was starting my company I was keen to have a number that spelled BUDGET. Knowing I couldn’t afford a 1800 or 13 number, the next best option for me was a mobile number.

The first telco I tried had no available numbers that ended in 283438. Disappointed, I spent another hour or so, working out other options of words and numbers that I might be able to use as a compromise.

Before I used one of these other options, I decided to try some other telcos. My thought was that if I got the number I wanted, I could always ‘port’ it across to my preferred telco.

Now you’d think that my chances in getting this word (BUDGET), would be slim so you can imagine my surprise when the very next telco I contacted had the exact set of numbers that I had originally wanted.

So my number is –

Oh For One To Budget = 0412 BUDGET or 0412 283 438

How good was that!!!!

Don’t ever give up! – you can have the things you want!!

cheers,

B.B.

Anonymous
    Up

Hmm… so on Monday I should ring Telstra, Vodafone, Optus, Virgin, Dodo (any other telcos I need to contact?) to see if any of them have the number ?

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

0409 738 748 is available
    Talk to Telstra.

Anonymous
    Up
    King, post: 19363 wrote:
    0409 738 748 is available
    Talk to Telstra.

Can I buy it as a pre-paid SIM ?

I don’t want a phone or a plan just the SIM card with this number attached to it.

Giving Telstra a call today – I’ll call their sales dept. + see how I go from their (as I’ve no idea who to call to get the number)?

Numberman
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Why don’t you check out http://www.mynumber.com.au ? they buy and sell mobile phone numbers.

jasonm
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

I went to 3 and told them I’ll only sign up for a phone if I can get the number I wanted, they had two O4XX prefixes available and I ended up with 0433 UPS MAN. No extra cost, and I had a few options up my sleeve if that wasn’t available.

– Jason

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.