Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Specific SEO Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jo_lovehyde
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Howdy Solists,

I am hoping to get some feedback on old pages still featuring in google search.

# 2 on a Google Search is an old page that I have since deleted. Can someone please tell me how I remove this from search results? Will submitting a site map help with this?

I’m not looking to enlist SEO services just yet, just want to get a bit of clarity on this.

Many thanks!
    JO

StuartL
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi Jo

There’s more to having an effective website than having a site that ranks well.

I’ve just had a look at your site and, while I’ve had 20 years experience of getting a wide variety of clients’ websites to rank well, I’ll leave that to others to address.

What I want to raise with you is the scanability of your site. Most people do not sit and read every work and every line on a web page. They scan for words that resonate with what they are looking for and, if they don’t find them with a quick scan, they leave and go to some other website.

Your front page needs some scanability … you need all that text to be broken up with sub-headings that include words that will resonate with your clients and when you do that there’s an added bonus.

Google also likes seeing sub-headings … especially if they contain keywords and keyword phrases.

Stuart

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    jo_lovehyde, post: 245796, member: 94318 wrote:
    Can someone please tell me how I remove this from the listing.

Hey Jo,
    My understanding is that you can use the Google Webmaster tools to do this.
    See here:
    https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1663419?hl=en

Failing that, I believe Google will automatically remove it after about 3 months.

Good luck

John

jo_lovehyde
    Up

Hi Stuart,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I’m doing some customer research at the moment, so will refine the home page shortly based on these insights.

Many thanks for your feedback,
    Jo

jo_lovehyde
    Up

Awesome, thanks for the link John. I will take a look.

Kind regards,
    Jo

samfounda
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

If the page has some authority or links going back to it i recommend redirecting it to another useful page this will help rank the new page quicker.

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Use the URL removal tool within Webmaster tools.

BUT, as said above, if the page is getting traffic, or has link equity, redirect it somewhere useful.

Otherwise you’re losing potential revenue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.