Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Speed Networking Inner West

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jemima Key
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I’m new to the forum (been on here a day!) and I’m interested in setting up a Speed Networking event for business owners in the Inner West of Sydney.

I’ll host the event and provide light refreshments and entertainment (proper entertainment, not me cracking jokes!) at a cost of approx $40 per person.

Can I get some general feedback here? And if you would like to be invited to the event, please email me at [email protected]

CONAN
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

I’m semi keen on it… can you shed some more light on the event?

Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up

Jemima,

I know this post is from a few weeks ago and you only got one reply, but have you progressed this? I might bew interested . . . I did one of these a couple of years ago, results were mixed. I’d be interested to hear what your plans are on this now,

Cheers, Rhys

Jemima Key
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hi Rhys,

I received limited interest for this and as a result its now placed closer to the bottom of the to-do list. I still think its a worthwhile thing to do though! Can you describe the mixed results your venture saw?

I am keen to get it going again.

Cheers,

Jemima

Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up

Jemima,

Hi, as I said before mixed results from the previous one of these I attended – some people found it great (generated leads, formed contacts), others got less from it. I enjoyed it but have found other “slower networking” methods more productive.

But interested in looking at some face to face forum in the Inner West, maybe speed networking, maybe some other format. Open to ideas.

Cheers, Rhys

Abbas
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Jemima,

I like the concept of speed networking and would like to get involved, just for the sake of numbers….u can count me in too.
    Just a suggestion, I think there aren’t enough members from the inner west area so why not open up to include members from other areas as well.

cheers,

AnaLucia
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Hi Jemmina,
    I am not expert on speed networking, I have attended only to one, which was only $5 dlls, they offer beers, wine, nice snacks (good cheeses, fruits platters) good amount of food. I just think the $40 might put some people off… Would you consider revising the price? At the end you want more people to come but at the same time make it with no loss I guess?

Cheers

PBDA
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Jemima
    Do not proceed, it is a worthless and unsustainable exercise. Networking is not about speed, it is about developing business relationships with other people and that may take time. Developing a business relationship may well develop to such a stage where you are a meber of a business group or an alliance. An exchange of business cards is merely a tiny first step to doing this. Speed networking is counterintuitive to the whole idea. Read PBDA Tip Ten Tips for Effective Business Networking at http://www.pbda.com.au

chamtang
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

For those that want to try out a speed networking event in Sydney CBD, there’s one on http://www.meetup.com/authenticspeednetworkingsydney and there’s no charge.

I know what you mean about the “speed” being counter intuitive. There are pros and cons I guess. The upside is that you don’t get stuck talking to people you don’t want to!

Anyways, for those that haven’t tried it, i think it’s worth a try to see what the fuss is about. FYI, it’s put on by Authentic Education

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Ooh, interesting! I’ve never actually come across the concept of “Speed Networking”.

I’m sure it has it’s pros and cons, but it sounds like something that I would like to look into.

Be sure to keep us updated if it progresses.

– Jake

VanessaCaputo
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Thanks this is helpful!I am interested in attending just having trouble registering at the moment :)

Regards,
    Vanessa Caputo
    Caputo Lawyers
    1300 210 700
    [email protected]
    http://www.caputolawyers.com.au

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.