Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Sponsored Facebook Posts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up
    ::

What do people think?

Specifically:

1. As a consumer, do you pay attention to them – especially if they are about something you are interested in?

2. If you have used them, have you enjoyed much success?

I was thinking about using the post “boost” function occasionally for interesting posts that may appeal to many.

Interested to hear of people’s experiences.

Michael

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    spinninghill, post: 165930 wrote:
    What do people think?

Specifically:

1. As a consumer, do you pay attention to them – especially if they are about something you are interested in?

I was thinking about using the post “boost” function occasionally for interesting posts that may appeal to many.

Michael

Hello MIchael
    1. yes
    2. yes

There are some certain strategies you want to employ with the Boost Function. I wouldn’t use it for ‘interesting’ posts, I would use it for posts that drive revenue. For example, post up a drive to build your email list, and boost that. Or post up an event, and boost that.

Jenny

47231#deleted
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hi Michael,

As a consumer, I do pay attention to the sponsored ads – they are kind of hard to miss. And if they interest me, I have no problem clicking through to find out more.

I have never used sponsored ads with our Printing Wholesale Facebook page, but have often though about. I too would be interested to know if anyone has had great success with Facebook ads…

Aaron

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I don’t pay any attention to them. They bother me.

Actually, one time I clicked on an ad for an android app, and was then told that it was not compatible with my version of android. They’d be glad they paid for my click.

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Aaron and Blue Penguin have hit the nail on the head as far as my post goes. Friends of mine said they hate them. Me personally, I only ‘see’ them if I am interested. Those that don’t appeal, I barely notice. It is a little like the adverts on this site – they have never bothered me.

I’m interested to hear from others. I suppose like any adverts, they will appeal and be more likely to noticed and appreciated by those in the market for whatever is on offer.

Has anyone experienced a good ROI with them?

SamanthaE
    • Total posts: 235
    Up

Hi Michael,

I have clicked on the sponsored ads before. I have even signed up for a newsletter from one.

There are many that I don’t pay attention to but I have no issue with them.

Cheers,
    Samantha

leena
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Personally I haven’t made any revenue off Facebook, I’ve found Google AdWords better especially if you are promoting a sale and are landing them on the sale page.

Keep in mind though that my brand is still new and only launched a couple of months ago so it’ll probably take time before I can get revenue off Facebook.

I got heaps of Facebook likes to my page through their sponsored posts and general ads as I targeted a niche market so found it great like that. I wasn’t too happy with their promos that link to my website as their stats show a high number of visitors which doesn’t carry across to my Analytics, it’s something I’ve always had and a lot of people have complained about it so I’m not highly trusting of their stats. I found them most accurate when it came to page likes.

Hope this helps.

JoshG
    • Total posts: 110
    Up
    leena, post: 166287 wrote:
    I wasn’t too happy with their promos that link to my website as their stats show a high number of visitors which doesn’t carry across to my Analytics, it’s something I’ve always had and a lot of people have complained about it so I’m not highly trusting of their stats. I found them most accurate when it came to page likes.

Hope this helps.

This is the sole reason I don’t advertise on FB any more. There are way too many inconsistencies in the amount you pay compared to the number of “clicks” FB says you get. After suggesting it was a problem with Javascript, FB no longer comments on the issue so make of that what you will.

Nothing worse than paying $100 for X number of visitors and discovering only 2 or 3 actually arrived at the site.

Media Junky
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hi Michael,

I believe Aaron, Steve, Josh and Leena covered this well so I am hoping I can bring something new here.

There’s been some research recently published on this topic from the 2013 Yellow Social Media Report. Sensis® and the Australian Interactive Media Industry Association (AIMIA) surveyed 1,959 Australian businesses about their social media usage and perceptions.

Some of the relevant data coming from the report you might find interesting:

• 84% of large Australian business reported to find paying for ads on Facebook to be effective
    • 47% of small Australian business reported to find paying for ads on Facebook to be effective

The reason for this gap may rest on several factors (budgets of course being one) but another may be that most small businesses who are great at their core business (ex. hair stylist or print copier) find themselves managing all of their marketing and social media:

• In 2013 72% of small businesses manage their own social media vs. 8% of large businesses

Jenny had mentioned the importance of strategy when using social media – in this case Facebook advertising and again the report reveals some interesting data:

• 29% of Australia’s small businesses have no strategy in place for their social media activities

Jenny also mentioned the importance of lead collecting which is often missed by many small businesses who focus on the short-term gains (ex. likes, followers and purchases).

Large businesses usually have the foresight (and the budget) to use Facebook ads to build their brand and collect vital data about their followers that can be used later in effective email campaigns.

Hope this helps.

In resilience,

Whisper

Bubbling With Energy
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    spinninghill, post: 165930 wrote:
    What do people think?

Specifically:

Michael

We have over 1100 likes on our page and are slowly building what we call our online FB audience. 75% of our income is received in the latter part of the year as we provide jumping castles, entertainers and other amusement and entertainers for corporate events and back yard parties. As the weather in Sydney warms up we will start pumping out the new products we are offering, the discounts on specific products but also make it a little quirky with funny posts that are related to our products.

One of our posts had nothing to do with our products but was a pic of a unique hotel in Singapore and we reached over 100,000 people in the space of 2 days with loads of likes on our page.

Until then what we are seeing however is more activity on on our page as we offer free items and with that we get referrals. Our first paid promotion that cost us $50 and loads of likes brought a booking from one client of around $900 for her two children’s birthday parties. She used to use someone else. Now with our product range we believe we will keep that client happy each year for the next 7 to 10 years resulting in a great return. On top of that each time we offer something for free she shares our post with her friends who may or may not like our page.

If your FB page has a product that is worth liking then paid promotions will work but it needs a lot of work to make it interesting and not a simple promotion for your product all the time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.