• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #984043
    NatashaSavic
    Member
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi All,

    I work independently for a company called Stamp Me. I chose to do this instead of Avon or tupperware etc because I can work from home and don’t have to host parties. I love apps and rewards and there is no other loyalty program on the market like this, so I decided to invest and become a licensee.

    The website is http://www.stampme.com

    I have an allocated area in the north suburbs of Melbourne that I am marketing and promoting too. I would love if anyone could go to the website, watch the youtube channel and have a look at our Facebook or Pinterest page.

    If you had a business would you join? If not, why?

    If you don’t have a business, would you download the app and use it? Would you want your local business to have this so you can get rewarded for being loyal?

    Any other feedback would be great.

    I have visited over 40 businesses and in the last 2 weeks and no one has gotten back to me. The price is reasonable for what you get and in the USA they already have 2 major loyalty app programs.

    Thanks

    Natasha

    #1145542
    Michelle Johnson
    Member
    • Total posts: 97
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Natasha,
    Congratulations on starting your own business, I hope you are enjoying the challenge.

    I had a look at your site – is this a standard site that comes with the franchising agreement or have you developed this yourself? For me, I would go with smaller text, large text tends to make the site look like its aimed at a younger crowd.

    If you are not having much luck with approaching businesses it might be because they don’t understand the technology. I would start by approaching businesses with free wifi or Ipad ordering tools (you know these companies are used to technology).

    I think some testimonial from successful businesses using the app would go a long way.

    As a consumer I hate keeping all the loyalty cards in my wallet, however when pitching your business via website to other businesses focus on the business benefits, I think you could make more of your mail list and data capture functions. Perhaps show some calculations of how much it would cost to run and in store loyalty program AND pay for a CRM tool.

    Hope that’s helpful!
    Michelle

    #1145543
    NatashaSavic
    Member
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    0
    ::
    Retail Reviver, post: 166868 wrote:
    Hi Natasha,
    Congratulations on starting your own business, I hope you are enjoying the challenge.

    I had a look at your site – is this a standard site that comes with the franchising agreement or have you developed this yourself? For me, I would go with smaller text, large text tends to make the site look like its aimed at a younger crowd.

    If you are not having much luck with approaching businesses it might be because they don’t understand the technology. I would start by approaching businesses with free wifi or Ipad ordering tools (you know these companies are used to technology).

    I think some testimonial from successful businesses using the app would go a long way.

    As a consumer I hate keeping all the loyalty cards in my wallet, however when pitching your business via website to other businesses focus on the business benefits, I think you could make more of your mail list and data capture functions. Perhaps show some calculations of how much it would cost to run and in store loyalty program AND pay for a CRM tool.

    Hope that’s helpful!
    Michelle

    Thanks for your feedback Michelle.

    The website is the main site developed by the founders, they won’t want multiple sites or social media pages. I tend to agree, having one go to place for this particular service is good.

    I have approached businesses who already use paper card stamps and show them the benefits. We do have a sheet that compares the benefits and costs of both, I’ll include that next time.

    Great idea about the testimonials!

    Thanks again for your time.

    Regards

    #1145544
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Natasha,

    Love the idea, look and feel etc etc.. Can i ask a really silly question though?

    How do you overcome a small contingent of users that do not cash in their loyalty card bonus’ as they have lost the card? i know its silly, although i frequent a few coffee houses and through conversation they tend to advise that a small few never cash in their loyalty cards…

    As said, just a side question… and do businesses factor in the fact that a small percentage dont redeem them? and if going digital, there is NO WAY IN HELL they will lose those cards :) LOL

    Cheers
    Jason

    ps.. i want your service to be taken on board by my locals as i always lose my cards!

    Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    #1145545
    NatashaSavic
    Member
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    0
    ::
    SimplyReplica, post: 166875 wrote:
    Hi Natasha,

    Love the idea, look and feel etc etc.. Can i ask a really silly question though?

    How do you overcome a small contingent of users that do not cash in their loyalty card bonus’ as they have lost the card? i know its silly, although i frequent a few coffee houses and through conversation they tend to advise that a small few never cash in their loyalty cards…

    As said, just a side question… and do businesses factor in the fact that a small percentage dont redeem them? and if going digital, there is NO WAY IN HELL they will lose those cards :) LOL

    Cheers
    Jason

    ps.. i want your service to be taken on board by my locals as i always lose my cards!

    I guess with any reward, you have to use it to benefit from it. It’s like those who don’t use their flybuys or Everday rewards cards, I’m a big fan of rewards so my wallet and stamp cards are always with me. I have heaps of them and i wish all my coffee shops would go to digital, but it’s still new here so have to spread the word.

    If they don’t redeem them, they lose out on their free coffee or whatever the reward is :) They system holds it there so it’s a matter of the business reminding people to use them. Then again, I visit some shops that have stamp cards, they don’t tell me about it or remind me to stamp…..I never forget though hehe

    Well if you want to give me their e-mail address and a contact name, I would be happy to let them know about Stamp Me! or give them my e-mail address natasha@stampme.com and I can get back to them!

    I think we all things new, it will take some time. The good this is, even if you lose your phone, once you login and sign in again your rewards are still saved!

    thanks!

    #1145546
    James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 268
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Natasha,

    This looks like an interesting venture. I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on how it progresses.

    I think Jason was trying to explore the concept of how Loyalty Cards can operate as free marketing.

    You give out the cards and the customer holds onto them for a while. Every so often they see this card with your logo in their wallet, and the brand is reinforced. Eventually the customer throws it out as they don’t want to carry it. As a business you get the ongoing marketing, but you also don’t have the cost of giving out a free drink at the end.

    As a business owner the ideal scenario is for a customer to buy 4 out of 5 coffees needed for the freebie, and then lose or destroy the card so you don’t have to give out a free coffee. With all this on a digital record there is no chance of that.

    Obviously this is only one benefit of the disposable card vs the digital record.

    I think a big benefit of the app that is not currently prioritized is the free exposure to your existing app users. The user statistics are easy to track so if you can promise a business that you have (example) 1500 active app users within 10km of their business, that is pretty powerful. Even more so if you offer to do some form of promotion for them when they join the system.

    Out of interest, what is the cost to a business when using the app? I would like to see how it stacks up against printing. Are there any capital purchases that might be putting people off?

    Finally, a fairly simple tactic you can employ is to offer business to switch their loyalty program onto the app for FREE initially. Once they move all their systems across and have built up a recurring client base, you can easily start charging them because they can see the value (and they have gone to all the effort of switching). I know a lot of similar systems started by getting market share through free listings, and then charging once they get to a dominant point. Slightly ruthless but it works.

    #1145547
    NatashaSavic
    Member
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    0
    ::
    James Rayers, post: 166942 wrote:
    Hi Natasha,

    This looks like an interesting venture. I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on how it progresses.

    I think Jason was trying to explore the concept of how Loyalty Cards can operate as free marketing.

    You give out the cards and the customer holds onto them for a while. Every so often they see this card with your logo in their wallet, and the brand is reinforced. Eventually the customer throws it out as they don’t want to carry it. As a business you get the ongoing marketing, but you also don’t have the cost of giving out a free drink at the end.

    As a business owner the ideal scenario is for a customer to buy 4 out of 5 coffees needed for the freebie, and then lose or destroy the card so you don’t have to give out a free coffee. With all this on a digital record there is no chance of that.

    Obviously this is only one benefit of the disposable card vs the digital record.

    I think a big benefit of the app that is not currently prioritized is the free exposure to your existing app users. The user statistics are easy to track so if you can promise a business that you have (example) 1500 active app users within 10km of their business, that is pretty powerful. Even more so if you offer to do some form of promotion for them when they join the system.

    Out of interest, what is the cost to a business when using the app? I would like to see how it stacks up against printing. Are there any capital purchases that might be putting people of?

    Finally, a fairly simple tactic you can employ is to offer business to switch their loyalty program onto the app for FREE initially. Once they move all their systems across and have built up a recurring client base, you can easily start charging them because they can see the value (and they have gone to all the effort of switching). I know a lot of similar systems started by getting market share through free listings, and then charging once they get to a dominant point. Slightly ruthless but it works.

    I’m new to all this but thanks for your clarification about Jason’s comment.

    Offering them a free transfer is something to consider but there are people willing to pay and we are looking for serious businesses. The minimum cost is $20 a month. Most coffee shops earn that with 1 – 4 coffee buyers.

    I spoke to someone who put their servie on Groupon, she said never again. Because they gave everyone the chance to get this service and a very low cost she got customers who said they’d never come back again and would wait for another company to offer a Groupon deal.

    Stamp cards have been around for a while and when more and more people start using Stamp Me, it will only be a matter of time. The good thing is that businesses could keep both if they wanted to and eventually print less. I personally have never found non redeemed cards but I’m sure there would be plenty out there.

    #1145548
    Kathryn Holt
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::
    NatashaSavic, post: 166748 wrote:
    Hi All,

    I work independently for a company called Stamp Me. I chose to do this instead of Avon or tupperware etc because I can work from home and don’t have to host parties. I love apps and rewards and there is no other loyalty program on the market like this, so I decided to invest and become a licensee.

    The website is http://www.stampme.com

    I have an allocated area in the north suburbs of Melbourne that I am marketing and promoting too. I would love if anyone could go to the website, watch the youtube channel and have a look at our Facebook or Pinterest page.

    If you had a business would you join? If not, why?

    If you don’t have a business, would you download the app and use it? Would you want your local business to have this so you can get rewarded for being loyal?

    Any other feedback would be great.

    I have visited over 40 businesses and in the last 2 weeks and no one has gotten back to me. The price is reasonable for what you get and in the USA they already have 2 major loyalty app programs.

    Thanks

    Natasha

    Hi Natasha
    I’m in Sydney so not much help to you, however I do like the sound of this. I’m looking for a loyalty programme for a market – the smartphone app sounds perfect. What do you need to set it up? I guess it depends on the cost ( you say it is reasonable but that is relative), is it an ongoing cost or a one off? If ongoing is it dependent on usage? These are the sorts of things I would be considering if deciding to use it and comparing it to the cost of a card.
    Regards
    Kathryn

    #1145549
    NatashaSavic
    Member
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    0
    ::
    Kathryn Holt, post: 167956 wrote:
    Hi Natasha
    I’m in Sydney so not much help to you, however I do like the sound of this. I’m looking for a loyalty programme for a market – the smartphone app sounds perfect. What do you need to set it up? I guess it depends on the cost ( you say it is reasonable but that is relative), is it an ongoing cost or a one off? If ongoing is it dependent on usage? These are the sorts of things I would be considering if deciding to use it and comparing it to the cost of a card.
    Regards
    Kathryn

    Stamp Me is available anywhere as long as there is internet access on your phone. We have clients in the U.S, England and New Zealand and of course all over Aus. I have a comparison chart but the monthly charge start s from $20 a month and includes the app, the offer, ongoing support plus more. You can download the app and try it yourself. If you want more info I can e-mail you.

    Thanks :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.