Home – New Forums Get productive … start a new thread

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up
    ::

ohhh.. how exciting a new section to Flying Solo.

This I think will be very beneficial to all those starting out as accountability is a major hurdle most struggle with.

When no one is looking over your shoulder to see if things get done, are you actually doing anything productive during your day, or are you being as productive as you could be.

What yo do you to keep yourself accountable?

Well… What I’ll do today…… is I will ensure that I finish off an article that I have been putting off doing for a few weeks.

What will you do?

Cheers

Cat :)

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Awesome Cat!

Good luck with that article, be sure to let us know how you get on.

I’m going to ‘eat a couple of frogs’ today and get my action list under control, notably:

1. Get webinar promo drafted
    2. Complete newsletter redesign brief

…and then walk for an hour.

Robert :)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Oh Cat,

Love it.. wanna read your article, please pretty please…

I am not sure i like this thread, it has made me think about the fact i ‘may’ watch too many movies at work :D

On a serious note, great timing on this topic.. before i even read this, i committed to calling a list of my clients today and having a general chat with them to see how business was…

Further to this, i had created an objective for each which was sort of tailored to each client as each had bought differing things from us although it was in line with them taking on a new product etc or increasing stock holdings.

1:5 ordered something additional that they had been meaning to over the last few weeks and i was able to gather some insights into any prospective pipeline sales that they were having with their customers..

Overall, great outcomes.. could be better, but was definitely better than not calling them at all :p

Look forward to more in this area..

Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

That’s a great result Jason, I reckon… 20% isn’t too bad a hit rate at all.

Love your work!

And thanks for kicking things off in this new forum section Cat.

Jayne

Cat – GLC
    Up

Justin, what is the movie of the week for this week?

I’ll send you a copy of the article once it’s been published online. It’s nothing exciting at all though.

Love your sign off as well ;)

Cheers

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Cat – GLC, post: 160246 wrote:

I’ll send you a copy of the article once it’s been published online. It’s nothing exciting at all though.

Love your sign off as well ;)

Cheers

Um, Justin.. that must be my other personality :confused:

Yup, cool sign off.. took some advice from a lovely sage i know!

Cheers
    Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Cat – GLC
    Up

Lol. Must focus more when multi-tasking 😮

At least I got the face right ;) otherwise that could have been embarrassing :p

Cheers

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Cat – GLC, post: 160246 wrote:

Love your sign off as well

Cheers

Hey Cat

Oops, forgot the main reply…

Being only Tuesday, i set aside yesterday to make some more catalogues for my wholesale agent .We use 4 ring binders and manually print everything.. gotta change it just not sure how to and what to… i sought advice on the forums, but got more confused 😮 but will have to revisit this.

BUT, whilst doing this i watch The Hangover Part I and II and nearly fell off my seat in fits of tears.. GOD BLESS the postie that passed our windows as i was nearly crying about our little spiders nest/mushroom that Mr Chow took to Bangkok OMG to funny 😮

And yet on saturday watched a romantic comedy that did the same, couldnt stop laughing.. its got Simon Baker in it and was called ‘i give it 12 months’.. there is a scene in it with an electronic picture frame,, was laughing after the movie had finished.. !!! … LOL

And now, time to watch Hansel & Grettel.. reminisce about my childhood, sweets and demons!

Cheerio
    Jason ;)

Cat – GLC
    Up

Jason,

My answer to your catalogues is excel spreadsheets :)

Seriously though send me through a copy of what you are trying to achieve. I am currently working on a wholesale pricelist for another business.

SimplyReplica, post: 160251 wrote:
    Hey Cat

Oops, forgot the main reply…

Being only Tuesday, i set aside yesterday to make some more catalogues for my wholesale agent .We use 4 ring binders and manually print everything.. gotta change it just not sure how to and what to… i sought advice on the forums, but got more confused 😮 but will have to revisit this.

Cheerio
    Jason ;)

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Ditto,

If your stuck with excel I’ll give you a hand.

Steve

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Thanks Steve/Cat

I dont recall mentioning excel.. LOL…

You too must be SUPER GEEKS! 😎

Cheers and thanks for the offers, will see what i do…

Jason ;)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

So, the big questions of the day are….

Cat, after being the official kicker-offer of our new forum section, did you get your article finished yesterday???

Robert, have you finished the promo and the draft of the brief? And how was your walk?

And Jason, did you do any work at all, or just watch movies all day? ;)

Jayne

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 160366 wrote:
    And Jason, did you do any work at all, or just watch movies all day? ;)

LOL Jayne,,, yeah a little work although i had to keep muting the movies every time i wanted to call a client.. Made good progress, 14 calls in total with a 2 additional sales (encouraged people to ‘stock’ item so they can deliver to customers quicker – popular item) that were not in the pipeline and made some progress into looking into a WordPress plugin i have been meaning to do for a few weeks now..

And, movies.. oh boy.. had a ball.. watched a few and almost fell off my chair… loved it.. this is the reason i run 3 monitors 😮 1 for FS and my chat window that works on my web site + 1 for ebay, myob, second web site (2 businesses) + 1 for movies (the biggest of them all).. LOL..

Oh my, just had a visitor to the web site (we sell furniture) looking for replica telephones.. mmm.. thanks google for sending me that one :confused:

Cheers
    Jason ;)

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 160366 wrote:
    So, the big questions of the day are….
    Robert, have you finished the promo and the draft of the brief? And how was your walk?
    Jayne

Drat, caught out already! Two of the three accomplished. I was with Peter all day yesterday and he’s just soooo distracting.

The projects WILL be finished today though!

Robert

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Robert Gerrish, post: 160391 wrote:
    Drat, caught out already! Two of the three accomplished. I was with Peter all day yesterday and he’s just soooo distracting.

The projects WILL be finished today though!

Robert

I can see this post becoming more of a confessional with us seeking penance for what we have not yet done as promised :(

Cheers
    Jason ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.