Home – New Forums Starting your journey Start selling keto diet products online

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    FoodOnlineAu
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I have just joined the forum and spent a bit of time reading all the posts. The website is a great source of information.

I am currently in contact with a company from USA that produce Keto products / diet. They asked me for a preliminary business plan before giving me the license for Australia. What I need to focus on are sales projections and the assumptions/evidence that support those projections. I will also need to highlight a strategy to train and convert prescribers, at a certain pace.

On the other side, I will also need to highlight a strategy to make the diet known to prescribers as well as to clients, as they are very different targets.

This is my first business and you can imagine how many questions I have To make it easier for you to understand the business model, it will be a sort of liteneasy, the keto and low calories version.

I really appreciate if you could help on the below:

1. Do you think Facebook is enough to market the business to prescribers and clients?

2. I already contacted a Freight Forwarding company and fulfillment center. Should I get a lawyer on board too? Do you know if there are any specific requirements to sell keto products on online? My main concern is related to the user, if they get sick or something happens, and they suit me. Being a low carb diet, you can only do it for 12 weeks and it is recommended the GP checks your blood test before and after.

3. Who should I contact for the relevant insurances?

4. I am planning to have one container delivered as first shipments. Should I make some sale first and state delivery in 2 months’ time?

Thank you all.

Hopefully this is just the start of a long and informative conversation.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=120395]@FoodOnlineAu[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

I can’t help with most of your questions but with insurance, you can contact an insurance broker.

Instead of Keto, think food – do you need to meet regulations to sell food? – probably yes.

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some advice to point you in the right direction.

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

I see red lights all over this question, why would someone from overseas, want a business who obviously know nothing about marketing or sales to sell their product.

I can only think of 2 reasons, they can see another sucker coming a mile away? and are just happy to sell a container load to anyone.

May be wrong,

Dash Freight
    Participant
    • Total posts: 94
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 271705, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=120395]@FoodOnlineAu[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Instead of Keto, think food – do you need to meet regulations to sell food? – probably yes.

I agree with Paul. The major issue is food.

The laws around food importation and distribution are quite prescriptive, for obvious reasons. The importer is responsible and cannot subrogate their responsibility to the freight forwarder or the fulfillment centre.

If you have not imported food before, here is a good place to start

Biosecurity requirements
    All food imported into Australia must comply with Australia’s biosecurity laws in the Biosecurity Act 2015.

The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment Biosecurity Import Conditions system (BICON) can be used to determine if a commodity intended for import to Australia requires a permit or treatment, or if there are any other biosecurity conditions.

For further enquiries on Australian biosecurity or import permit requirements contact Imports:

Phone: 1800 900 090

Email: Imports

You must be sure that food complies with biosecurity requirements. If food does not meet biosecurity requirements, it will not be allowed entry into Australia.

Food safety requirements
    Once all biosecurity requirements have been addressed, food must also comply with Australia’s imported food laws, including the Imported Food Control Act 1992.

The applicable standards for food under the Act are set down in the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code. All imported food must meet the requirements of the Code in its entirety. It is the responsibility of the importer to ensure imported food complies with Australian food safety requirements.

Labelling is where most imported food fails to meet the Code’s requirements. See Food Standards Australia New Zealand user guides to assist with understanding the requirements of the Code.

Good luck

Rob Dash E: [email protected] M: 61 423 136 053 Quotes: https://tinyurl.com/yae7tbj6 S: live:rd2221
    FoodOnlineAu
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Paul and Rob, thanks for your contribution. I will update on further progress ;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.