Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Start Up Advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    simon2shula
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Having successfully started window cleaning businesses in Sydney and Perth and sold them, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that they continue to be a success. However, after moving to Melbourne, I founded housewindowcleaning, this has proven to be alot more challenging.
    Recently, it has been hard to remember seeing the sun for weeks on end! The budgets previously set for SEO and other marketing avenues have not yielded the same results, given the challenging climactic conditions.

If anyone knows keys to success in the Melbourne cleaning business field, I would appreciate enhancing my knowledge base?

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Interesting you couldn’t replicate your proven model in Melbourne. Is the market flooded with competition or has there been a cut back for spending in this area? For most commercial clients it would be an essential service I would presume.

simon2shula
    Up

I think there is always competition. However, most cleaning companies are generally not highly skilled. With that in mind I invested in better equipment and offer a more personalised service.

Initially things were much better than expected…however things dropped off dramatically when the weather deteriorated

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Ride the weather as you can’t control that. Work on polishing and best communicating some of your unique selling points as you have outlined. Sounds like you just need more time and you will get there.

simon2shula
    Up

Thanks…new locations are always a learning curve..I am sure if we can tough it out, valuable experience will have been learned

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

branch out from windows….

what about offering other cleaning services for e.g. deceased estates…staging for real estate agents… property management (end of lease) etc…the possibilities are endless..

Cheers
    Corey

simon2shula
    Up

Yep..targeted several areas but still were seasonally affected.
    Having come from Perth I didn’t realize the sunburned country had areas that don’t see the sun for weeks on end!

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi and welcome to the Forums simon2shula,

If things were initially going well when the weather was good, then it seems as if your approach is working.

Do you think things will turn around when the weather improves or do you think that things have fundamentally changed?

One thing I am picking up on is that where possible, budgets should be allocated in line with the weather?

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.