Home Forums Starting your journey Start up business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul lolohea
    • Total posts: 2

Hi all,
    I’m new here ,I’m wanting help on where and how to start a small business,pretty lost during this time and would like some advice and tips thank you all

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,117

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo

It might help if you tell us a little about your background and interests and maybe what budget you have.

Cheers

Paul lolohea
    • Total posts: 2

Thank U for your reply,

The thing is I’m honestly not too sure what industry I want to venture in,I need help into understanding the concept of business etc,maybe then I will know what path to take ,
    In terms of budget ,it’s very low I have about $2000 to spare ,in a couple months I be more financially fit to invest more into something ,

I just need direction

Thank u

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,117

Hi Paul,

There are not too many businesses you could start with that sort of money.

An EBAY, cleaning, painting or very basic gardening business come to mind but without more money, you will both need to be an expert in your field as well as be an expert in being able to attract customers.

To give you an idea, a decent website will cost between $2k-$10K. An ad budget can be $500 per month an upwards etc.

Be on the lookout for a lot of salespeople who will tell you that you can make money from a $2K business – most of them promise a lot but do not deliver.

Doing a small business course at TAFE or similar would be the best use of you time until you are able to formulate a plan that has a good chance of succeeding.

Cheers

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

You probably aren’t ready to start a business so I would suggest that if you have some specific computer or customer service skills you try doing some freelance work on a freelance site or even fiverr. You might not earn a lot of money but it will get your toes wet and teach you a bit about dealing with customers and stuff and maybe help you narrow down what you really like to do.

Things you can do online as a freelancer range from being a personal assistant, to retouching photos, to writing articles for websites, to making short advertising videos. Are you good at any of these sorts of things?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.