Home – New Forums Starting your journey Start Wheel and Tyre Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    skyichigo
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hey there.

Does anyone can share how to start wheel and tyre shop in Australia?

I’ve been googling, but can’t find correct answer.

Someone told me , I probably just need a shop, display and then get some of the wheels and tyre company to give me sample to put on display.

And so I thought, do I need to purchased the whole stock from the manufacturer or distributor? Or as Apple store, they can provide us the stock for sale and we pay them minus commission once we sell it through our store?

Thanks

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

To be totally blunt, if you don’t know this then I would suggest the business probably is not for you.

This basic question you ask would be known to you if you had any exposure to the tyre industry.

If this industry is what you want to be in maybe get a job in it first and absorb as much information as you can.

At minimum I would suggest you would need to have

• agreements with suppliers in place(or their willingness to supply)
    • initial stock of tyres that will move – so knowledge needed here – maybe the suppliers would assist here
    • skilled fitters
    • skilled person behind the counter to match customer needs with products
    • wheel alignment equipment and skilled tech

I am just assuming here on that list and most if not all could be easily obtainable if you have the resources behind you.

Your setup costs could be $300,000 – $500,000 potentially.

Have you looked at buying an existing business/franchise?

skyichigo
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    King, post: 93966 wrote:
    To be totally blunt, if you don’t know this then I would suggest the business probably is not for you.

This basic question you ask would be known to you if you had any exposure to the tyre industry.

If this industry is what you want to be in maybe get a job in it first and absorb as much information as you can.

At minimum I would suggest you would need to have

• agreements with suppliers in place(or their willingness to supply)
    • initial stock of tyres that will move – so knowledge needed here – maybe the suppliers would assist here
    • skilled fitters
    • skilled person behind the counter to match customer needs with products
    • wheel alignment equipment and skilled tech

I am just assuming here on that list and most if not all could be easily obtainable if you have the resources behind you.

Your setup costs could be $300,000 – $500,000 potentially.

Have you looked at buying an existing business/franchise?

I just emailed and got response from Bridgestone, but I think with franchise, it is not easy, as more cost gonna be needed at first start up. I would prefer to be independent dealer as I got market , just need decent wholesaler or manufacturer to back me up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.