- This topic is empty.
June 6, 2011 at 10:42 am #973728[Former] FS ConciergeGuest
- Total posts: 11,464
Welcome and congratulations on moving ahead with your new business!
With such a wealth of knowledge being shared on Flying Solo, there’s a good chance your question has already been answered.
So, before you post, please take a minute to search for your question using the Search forums link just below the green bar at the top of the forum.
Plus, below are some links to get you started on some of our most frequently asked questions:
General business-related questions:
- Am I running a business, or is it just a hobby? Get the ATO’s perspective here
- Do I need an ABN and how do I get one?
- What business structure should I use (company, sole trader etc)?
- Should I be registering for GST?
- How do I register a business name?
- Do I need a trademark?
- Need help with small business payment systems?
Selling fashion, clothing or baby products?
- Read this first to understand the fundamentals
- Learn more about finding suppliers for your new fashion business
- Plus, listen to the great podcast, Starting a fashion business with fashion industry expert Elizabeth Formosa, in which she talks about some of the pitfalls to avoid
- Getting started with importing? These introductions to incoterms will help you start to get your head around some of the logistics: Shipping incoterms defined and Importing: Know incoterms or pay the price
- Considering sourcing products from China? These two articles on where to start and a step-by-step-guide to importing from China will help.
Looking for retailers to sell your products:
- Learn more about how retailers like to be approached
- Things to be aware of when sending samples to retailers
Considering a cafe, takeaway store or restaurant?
These links will provide some extra assistance:
- Starting a business – read if you dare
- How to estimate realistic start-up costs for a takeaway
- Starting up a cafe
- Starting a cafe from scratch
- Salad bar help
We’ll be adding to these from time to time, so if you’re aware of any other FAQs that belong here, just leave a comment below and we’ll review all suggestions.
- The topic ‘Starting a business? Please read this before posting’ is closed to new replies.