Home – New Forums Starting your journey Starting a business – SOLO

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mariangeli9ca
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on a business, my own product range, organic skin care.

I needed to express myself in a community that most can relate.

I feel lonely in this journey, doing it on your own is hard. I am still very keen and motivated in making my dreams come true and will not give up.

Just feel like I have hit quiet a few bricks, same that go away quickly some that take longer to move out of my way.I lack a support net work, and meeting people in person on my same mentality. Sucks.

CanaryTradeMarkAssistance
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

Hi Mariangeli,

Solo business isn’t always easy, but you’re in the right place for support.

While I’m new to the forums, from what I’ve seen on social media, podcasts and the newsletters, Flying Solo is a very active, friendly and supportive community.

Some thoughts on your situation:

You mention meeting people in person. Do you think interacting with people online (like via this forum) would be enough, or is that face-to-face interaction something you need?

What state/territory do you live in? Perhaps you could look for a local business meetup or networking group (there are some good links right here on Flying Solo: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/flying-solo-meetups/)

What are you looking for in a support network? Business advice? People to talk to in your same industry? Different industries? Encouragement? Mentoring? (There may be mentors in your local area or online).

When I was transitioning from the APS to my own business(es), I found seeing a coach was very helpful. She helped me focus, overcome my limiting beliefs, and keep on track. And she was very supportive of me in my journey. So, that was one way I got support before I had any real business contacts. Of course, that costs money.

You’re keen, motivated and want to make your dreams come true. That’s half the battle! Keep it up :) Hopefully this community can be a good starting point to support you or lead you to some more appropriate support. Best of luck.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi again Angelica,

You’ll find the community here tends to be very proactive and generous with their advice and experience, so please feel free to share the details of any walls you haven’t been able to shift or move around, and perhaps some of the experienced small business owners here will be able to advise you.

As CanaryTradeMarkAssistance kindly mentioned, this is a very supportive community, so please feel free to get involved and to put your hand up for advice.

In the meantime, congratulations on all you’ve achieved towards your new business so far. Perhaps today is a day to take a step back and remind yourself of how very far you’ve come already?

All the best,
    Jayne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.