Home – New Forums Starting your journey Starting a cleaning contract

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jake
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I just got a cleaning contract for a medical clinic in Adelaide. I need to employ two other staffs so we will be three doing the cleaning tasks.

I already got the Public Liability insurance. I just need help on WorkCover. I really don’t know how to do it.

Would appreciate any help or if anybody here who can advise me with a small consultation fee.

Thanks
    Jake

KellyB
    • Total posts: 65
    Up

We are in Vic, so when we set up our business we contacted our state’s workcover office directly and registered with them.
    This link gives South Australia’s workcover office:
    http://www.workcover.com/employer/premium/registering-with-workcover
    You just need to print off the registration form, fill it out and send it to them. They then send you out an information pack and tax invoice to pay.
    If you are having trouble with it, an accountant can do it for you (my accountant covers all states of Aust, so let me know if you want his details).

Also, not sure about your structure but if you are a sole trader or partnership, you may also need to consider income & protection insurance for yourself, as workcover only covers your employees, not you (however if you have a company, trust, etc that you pay yourself a wage from, then you would be covered by the workcover policy)

jake
    Up

thanks for your reply. Please give me your accountant’s contact details. I will try to consider getting help from him. Btw, I am a sole trader.

KellyB
    Up

Jake,
    I have sent you a PM
    Kelly

jake
    Up

Hi Kelly,

I did not receive any PM in my Inbox.

KellyB
    Up

Sorry Jake, not sure what happened there! His name is Paul Wineberg, ph: 0407 352 504. Best of luck with your new business :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.