Home – New Forums Starting your journey Starting a Disability Care Agency

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    supanatural
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I’m in Melbourne Eastern Suburbs and looking at starting my own disability support agency. Would anyone know the start up cost with Indemnity and Liability insurance and work cover? I have a registered business name but do I need a company?

Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Matt

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up
    supanatural, post: 97405 wrote:
    Hi All,

I’m in Melbourne Eastern Suburbs and looking at starting my own disability support agency. Would anyone know the start up cost with Indemnity and Liability insurance and work cover? I have a registered business name but do I need a company?

Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Matt
    Best bet would be to talk to state and fed govt to see what they advise.

I am sure they will have a list of needs they require as well, depending on the sorts of services you want to offfer.

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

Let me know when the site is up & running. I would be more than happy to advertise your site for 3 months on a PageRank 4 Disability Information Site.

Cheers
    Corey

SURFFOILS
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Seeing how the NDIS is working now it’s probably a great time to set up a much fairer agency. It could quickly put clients and workers together and take less slice of the funding to maximise the clients funds. Currently about 50% of the cost goes to the agency with the other half going to the worker. An online one like Better Caring or Hire Up is a good starting model.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

You could look through the websites of companies that are offering Franchises – this would give you a pretty good idea but most of the cost will be taken up with staff costs so your staffing model is very important.

[USER=37857]@alliedib[/USER] provides great advice around insurance on these forums.

Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.