Home – New Forums Starting your journey Starting a kiosk style take-a-way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

A partner and I are planning on starting a small kiosk style take-a-way. We need to organize everything from the construction of the structure, equipment to the end products.

The structure will need to accommodate a space of around 5×3, like the small kebab shops you often see. Can anyone recommend a business that could create such structure for us?

Also, we’ll need to utilize the limited space as efficiently as possible, what sort of equipment is recommended for a tiny take away? Are there any guidelines we can follow when purchasing commercial kitchen equipment? Our product focus will be burgers and steaks, drinks and deserts. All food will be freshly made. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Welcome to the Flying Solo forums, nickname!

There are some links towards the bottom of this post that might prove useful.

All the very best with your venture.

Sam

elig84
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    nickname, post: 188809 wrote:
    Hi All,

A partner and I are planning on starting a small kiosk style take-a-way. We need to organize everything from the construction of the structure, equipment to the end products.

The structure will need to accommodate a space of around 5×3, like the small kebab shops you often see. Can anyone recommend a business that could create such structure for us?

Also, we’ll need to utilize the limited space as efficiently as possible, what sort of equipment is recommended for a tiny take away? Are there any guidelines we can follow when purchasing commercial kitchen equipment? Our product focus will be burgers and steaks, drinks and deserts. All food will be freshly made. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Nickname

Can you advise which city you’re planning to start this business? If you’re in Sydney, I run a retail approval business that helps retailers obtain planning approval. These types of businesses can be complicated to get approval, especially when dealing with Councils and food regulations. Feel free to visit my website for more info- http:http://www.navonretail.com.au

Regards

Eli Gescheit

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

Hi,

I have a few clients in the takeaway business and they chose, rather than have a freestanding kiosk, to operate a food van. Most predominantly use them in one spot, but they have the added bonus of being able to move them to attend different events.

If this is something that may be of interest let me know and I will ask them who the manufacturers were.

Regards,

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.