Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Starting a new travel website. Help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Our Dream Holiday.com
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I have just started a new travel website, and need to make sure everything is running smoothly, specifically whether or not people are getting 80% off when they click buy now?

Can you’s please search a specific holiday destination and click ‘book now’ to view the quote and let me know?

Also, what do you think about the general lay out and videos etc, any specific destinations that I should have on the home page?

Thank you all in advance.

Visit http://www.OurDreamHoliday.com

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Re: Starting a new travel website, help!

There is a section for reviews of websites so perhaps one of the moderators might shift it there for you – so that it gets the attention of those who like to review sites.

Welcome by the way!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Kassie,

I’ve moved this thread over here to the Community Reviews section of the boards, where, as Kathie mentioned, it will be seen by more people who are in a good position to give you feedback.

To help them give you the most helpful review possible, please read through the guidelines at the top of the page, and include the answers to the four questions that you’ll find there in your post.

In addition, we’d love it if you’d update your forum profile to include details of where you’re based, as that information isn’t available on your website. (This forum is for small business operators in Australia).

Good luck for your review.
    Jayne

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

Hi Dreamholiday,

It looks Good, but just two suggestion that

can you please make your Search function Bit Large.

I think the main animation with Cities is not Necessary.

that is my View, Finally it’s up to u.

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    hsydney
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks for the opportunity to check out your website.

Areas of improvement from my perspective are:

– The blue theme colour is quite jarring on the eye, my suggestion is to review your theme colours

– The ‘Search Hotels’ box in the top left of the home page gets swallowed up by the distracting image slider to its right. It should be more prominent, perhaps even have its own ‘space’

– The ‘Popular Destinations’ looks too basic and amateurish. This could be jazzed up a bit. The stock pics are too big and in my opinion stock photos are tacky

– The ‘Search by Country’ colours look different to the rest of the site. Perhaps even bring the rest of your site into alignment with this shade of blue for consistency?

– Fonts throughout the site are inconsistent. Presumably you are using a lot of third party vendors hence the difference in fonts.

Overall, a solid effort but requires some real design work to make it look top of class. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.