Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Starting a Website Maintenance Business

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    WPWizards
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi

After several years of thinking, I have decided to start my Website Maintenance business for WordPress websites.

I plan to focus on micro-small businesses and online stores.

I know there are many similar options out there but they seem to be focused on larger clients. My aim is to assist small business – eg at home businesses, businesses that have popped up due to Covid issues (eg: laid off – turned the hobby into a business).

Any thoughts!

Apart from maintenance if you have an existing website, I am also going to offer Website creation, online store setup etc as well as general help with the running of your site.

My feeling from asking people is a lot of people have an idea for a small business/micro business but then get put off by the online presences, setup, maintaining it when they really are an expert at XYZ instead!

If you think it’s a great idea, let me know or not, well let me know. Also if you think there is a gap for a reasonable priced service like this.

Ernie

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    ::

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo Ernie. It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

There are plenty of plenty of businesses – when I bought my business 12 years ago in Commercial Cleaning on the Gold Coast, there were already hundreds of similar firms and it is still how I make my money today.

Just be a little unique and laser focus on what you can do well.

Use a maximum 3 words to define yourself. I used, “Expert and Affordable” and it helped me to create “my brand” built around exactly those two things.

Cheers
    ~Paul

P.S. One of our members, Dan Norris, created the very first large service, WP Curve, later selling it to Go Daddy for an undisclosed sum.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.