Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Starting again. New Beginnings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TerriMitchell
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,
    I was previously a member of the Flying Solo community, it’s a great space.
    I’ve had time out for a whole range of reasons.
    Recently I started working with a business mentor, undertaking his business training program. I have always known I have something to offer, I was just never clear on exactly who I could help.
    At the moment I am working with my mentor on important elements to help me set up my business.
    Going forward here, I hope I contribute value, learn a lot and develop some great working relationships here.
    I could say, here’s my website (and I do have one) however it is a fundamental “filler” site thanks to a dreadful encounter with a terribly unprofessional website designer.
    Instead I would welcome you to check out my Facebook presence, @theprofitfrog

As you might be able to gather from my business name, The Profit Frog, my focus is on helping you generate more profit. How? Well, first I have to know what your specific issue is, and what the biggest pain in the booty is for you in your business. Then I tailor a diagnostic session around your situation. When we find the core issues, we work together on solving them with a customised solution for your business.

At risk of awful embarrassment here’s my website (cringe) http://www.theprofitfrog.com – and while it is just a filler site, I do have a great ebook available for you there.
    I look forward to connecting within the community here. Have a great day.
    Terri.

steve201
    Participant
    • Total posts: 280
    Up

Hi Terri

Great to hear of you business.

I looked on your Facebook page and an interesting article on robo advice from a financial perspective.

Although written for the American market predominantly, this article highlighted the risks accountants, Bookkeepers, mortgage brokers and financial planners face in the longer term.

I think unless wages rise substantially in these roles , the wholesale introduction of robots won’t be a quick thing in Australian financial services simply due to a lack of Australian based fintech staffing.

Extra training will probably be needed for this to happen on a large scale in Australia.

Many graduates of university courses in Australia tend to come out of university with either a set of skills in IT technology or financial services , but rarely both to a level where robots can take over financial services in the short term.

Also , the capital investment isn’t around in Australia to the level required for short term wholesale fintech changes.

Good luck.

Steve

TerriMitchell
    Up

Great response, Steve, thank you for such a thoughtful insight.
    I’ll come back and reread this.

steve201
    Participant
    • Total posts: 280
    Up

That’s ok.

I tried fintech a while ago a nobody wanted it, ie a mobile application, in Australia.

But I got plenty of interest overseas from SE Asia business looking to cheaply access and relate to Australian business, eg a logbook.

I still have the skills base, but lack resources to try again at the moment, in fintech.

So I’m more focused now on financial advisor and accountant services for migrants and Aussie expats returning.

Thats getting a more positive response.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

[USER=112956]@TerriMitchell[/USER]

Thank you for re-joining our community and posting today.

I find [USER=13649]@steve201[/USER]’s story instructive and something that you might want to connect with your mentor about.

Specifically that segmenting your market or finding your niche is an important way to frame a message (your message) so that it hits a bulls eye.

Cheers

TerriMitchell
    Up

Thank you Paul…
    There are some really helpful members and contributors here.
    I may be asking some questions here over the weekend to help me along with my mentoring sessions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.