Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Starting an RTO.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MissSquiggle
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hello all,
    My name is Maryanne and I work in the training industry , specifically remote indigenous communities.
    I’m just about to apply to register my own RTO. This will be a small operation, just myself and a couple of very good trainers I have lined up. Our goal is to deliver top quality training which is actually relevant to the learners needs.
    Most of our income will be government funding, although I also have plans to deliver training overseas to eco.volunteers, but that’s another story!

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Welcome Maryanne. Congratulation on your new business.

I love training as i think its the cornerstone to success. What type of training are you going to offer?

MissSquiggle
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Thanks Tony,
    We will mainly be delivering horticulture and conservation & land management, this is my field. On the other hand another trainer will be delivering hairdressing! There is a huge push on the communities to get people into employment but just not enough jobs to go around, our emphasis is on helping people start small enterprises, such as a bush tucker nursery or a local hairdressing business and providing the training to back them up.
    One of our biggest obstacles is the literacy levels of our learners, so I looking at developing teaching materials that work, such as a touch screen app which uses pictures photos etc instead of written English.

Michelle Johnson
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi Maryanne,
    Congratulations on taking the leap – and welcome to flying solo.

Sounds like a very rewarding business, I look forward to following your progess here on the forums.

Have fun!
    Michelle

Enviro Footprint
    • Total posts: 94
    Up

Maryanne

Myself am also in the training industry, of sorts, setting up an RTO for a client.

But am currently in the process of updating TAA, (again) with a view to venturing into Enviro & Sustainability training.

Have you got a website, I would be interested in knowing more on what your doing in the eco volunteer area..

Steve B

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.