Home Forums Starting your journey starting buisness need advise on large sales on my produce

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    I sell chook poo
    • Total posts: 2

Hi,

my names Cory i manage a chook farm with 4 sheds for my father in law.

and have recently realized the potential of chook manure as a side buisness,
    i bag and sell chook manure and am doing ok.

i have now thought about selling per square meter.

we have 4 sheds 100m long and about 15 meters wide, with 2 of these sheds being replaced with large and wider yet again real soon.

my main point im stuck on is i have all this chicken manure to get rid of but what kind of price should i be looking to get rid of per meter sqaured?

i need advice!

Thanks!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

The current price for Chicken poo is about $5.50 for a 35litre bag. How that would equate to per cubic metre I am not sure, but could be calculated.

I know when we were on the farm (many moons ago), there was a local chicken farm not to far away and they had an arrangement with a local contractor to cart and spread it directly over the paddocks, no idea what the price was, and that would have changed over the years, but that could be a good way of selling it in larger quantities. One thing I do remember the place smelt for many days after.

I sell chook poo
    • Total posts: 2

thankyou
    i have been selling 35lt bags for $3.50 each wholesale to local buisnesses.

and am looking to sell by the meter squared i have approached a local buisness that asked me what i would be willing to sell 1 square meter for.

i had no clue so i said i would get back to him.

ill convert $5.50 a ltr to the equivelent in sqr meters.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

Just remember 5.50 is the retail price,

Also if I by product by the bag, I expect to pay more than if I buy it by the cubic metre. So they will be expecting discounts for buying in bulk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.