Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Starting, for how long?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    krug
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

I made a decision almost a year ago that it’s time to start “flying solo”. I’ve spent a lot of time researching on the Internet, doing a business course and trying to get help from business centres. I’ve learnt something, but most of it I knew already. It’s all very general business knowledge.

I feel that I’m still at the starting position and need a bit of help to move forward. Flying Solo seems to be what I need, so I am hopeful. What I need is practical and specific advice from people who don’t need to be business trainers, but have “been there, done that” experience. I hope I’m in the right place, and that soon I will be able to help others who will be going through what is my reality now.

I do feel a bit uncomfortable about writing my posts, because there are limitations that I don’t quite understand; something about free mentoring, external links, etc. I see that experienced people help others with advice and some offer professional (paid) services. I wonder if I understand Flying Solo’s philosophy, because I don’t see how these restrictions fit in. I’m afraid that I might unintentionally write something that’s not allowed.

My business will be an online store (electronics). After this initial post, I will ask questions in “Starting a business” forum, and eventually move to “Selling online” forum, and others as needed.

Any feedback on my initial thoughts are appreciated.

Lending Mate
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Welcome aboard. I am in a similar position too. Good luck.

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

G’day Krug,

Welcome to the Flying Solo forums.

I appreciate that it’s intimidating writing your first post on a forum like this but I’m really encouraged as obviously your intentions are positive given your sensitivity to taking the right approach.

I’d say the fact you’ve written at all is a great start (99% of forum users never do) and your planned next steps, to write posts in specific subforums, is just what I’d have said for you to do.

My only other advice is to be specific in your posts. If this means writing a few drafts before you hit the button so be it. The posts that illicit the best response are the ones that posit specific questions.

So stay on track, you’ve made a great start! I hope you find your time on FS useful.

Sam

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome

Don’t be afraid to write in these forums, you will receive lot’s of help, advice and support here.

krug
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Thank you all for warm welcome and encouragement. I feel better already.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.