Home – New Forums Starting your journey starting my own buisness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    shenay01
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I’m currently in the process of starting my own online fashion store and my question is does anyone know were I can find wholesalers or stockist that supply clothing for
    – ice design
    – pop cherry and/,or other well known named stores?

Thank you (:

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Shenay {hope thats your name}

Welcome to the forums and nice to see you are striving to achieve something.. Although you may find it a little hard to have people recommend their own suppliers as they may have spent many years cultivating these contacts and keep them close to their chests.

Most of these popular suppliers, in any industry really, are quite elusive and tend to deal with larger organisations (not that i know how big yours is) and when you stumble across a source to provide in lower MOQ’s most tend not to share this as they dont want the ‘competition’ and the likes. This proves extremely so in the fashion world as there are many people wanting to get this information for some reason.

Just a little about forums in general, you will possible find lots of great advice although tends not to be the place for selling or core contact lists. Sometimes you may find people sharing some peripheral suppliers or resources such as freight and most pertaining to the creation of your infrastructure rather than suppliers themselves.

Wishing you all the best on your journey and looking forward to your contribution to the forum.

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Kedam85
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Shenay,

I know where you can find a supplier who supplies to many online retailers in Australia.

If you send me a PM i can liaise with you there

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hello again Shenay

Forgot to add, these posts tend to get a lot of first time posters offering services and lists and all those sorts of things without having any major kudos built up in the forums.

So, personally, i would be suggesting you reply cautiously to anyone offering you these lists in an easy fashion in an open forum like this. Buyer beware.

Wishing you all the best

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Kedam85
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Very good word of warning Jason!

it is my first time posting but feel free to check my linkedin profile =)

https://au.linkedin.com/in/kevindam

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for joining the forum, and for sharing your LinkedIn profile with us all.

To help the Flying Solo community get to know you even better, I recommend setting up a forum signature (hover over your name to the right of the green bar above the forum and choose Signature), then heading over to the New members section of the forum and starting a new thread to share a little background on yourself and your business.

Looking forward to having you around :)
    Jayne

Shaun1984
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi i am starting a t shirt business and just about to register for an abn and register the business name.
    With the business name what are the fees per year
    this will be a 50/50 partnership set up so understand that come tax time any profits are split 50/50 and declared on top of your personal income.
    Question is if no income is made this financial year but money spent on materials etc can deductions be made from tax paid on your personal income?
    Does anything need to be paid if no profits made

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up

Business name registration fees appears to be $34 1yr or $78/3yr (lmgtfy “business name registration fee”)
    Yes, if it’s a partnership, then the profit and (I think?) losses are split according to your partnership document which you should have written up by a professional.
    I don’t beleive expenses incurred by the business can’t be claimed as deductions on your personal income.
    If you’ve made no profit, then obviously no income tax would need to be paid. If your entity is registered for, or required to be registered for, GST, then you would have to complete a BAS and credit/debit GST as required.

All excellent questions that I’m sure your accountant could help you with. I can suggest an excellent one in Yarraville, Victoria if you wish (Hint, it’s not me)

On a side note, what technology aspects are you considering for your business?

Shaun1984
    Up

Thanks Tehcamel,

I have an accountant but before I made contacted I wanted to check in with the flying solo community first.

in regards to the technology aspects the start up will be social media in which we have launched a page this week (Van Ross designs) where you can check it out :)

Will be creating a store so users can order online etc and I heard that the online store linked with Australia post is a good one so I will most likely stick with that

TehCamel
    Up

How about your email platform, internet for your office etc ? :)

Shaun1984
    Up

I have set up a gmail email address and already have the internet connected etc

Cocovo
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    Kedam85, post: 215169, member: 68079 wrote:
    Hi Shenay,

I know where you can find a supplier who supplies to many online retailers in Australia.

If you send me a PM i can liaise with you there

Hi there,
    I would love the opportunity to discuss suppliers in both Australia and overseas for my clothing and home decor businesses.
    My email is [email protected]

Thanks, Jaye.

TehCamel
    Up
    Shaun1984, post: 216197, member: 64585 wrote:
    I have set up a gmail email address and already have the internet connected etc
    You’re using a gmail address, rather than a branded domain, for your email?

Zohomail does free mailboxes, up to 10 I beleive, with a vanity domain.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.