Home Forums New here? Share your story Starting new business!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Natanyamarie
    • Total posts: 5

Hi there everyone
    I’m hoping to get some advice on how to go about starting my own pet treat business? From others who have set one up , just unsure on requirements in Australia regarding food licencing,legalities, labelling and whether you can make them at home. Im beginning this as a little side business as I’m at home with my children. Would be very appreciative of some pointers please. Been doing some researching and looking at other business models and confused as some seem different to others. Can anybody please help ?

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,523

Hi [USER=119684]@Natanyamarie[/USER],

Thanks for joining us on the forums and hopefully someone can steer you in the right direction. While you are waiting, you could try searching this forum for past conversations about making food products at home or labelling.

Best of luck!
    Dave

MattH753
    • Total posts: 15

Having worked in Associations for a large chunk of my working life I always start by looking to see if there is a representative body. Just found this
    https://pfiaa.com.au/pet-food-business/

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,117

Just one more thing to look at.

Distribution to independent pet shops is key if you are going to use that model.

So it is worth the research.

If you let us know what your general idea you have, around how much capital you have and your initial ideas around production, marketing etc, we will be better equipped to provide useful advice.

Natanyamarie
    MattH753, post: 271415, member: 117658 wrote:
    Having worked in Associations for a large chunk of my working life I always start by looking to see if there is a representative body. Just found this
    https://pfiaa.com.au/pet-food-business/
    Natanyamarie

Thankyou very much, I will have a read and do some more research!

Natanyamarie
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 271420, member: 78928 wrote:
    Just one more thing to look at.

Distribution to independent pet shops is key if you are going to use that model.

So it is worth the research.

If you let us know what your general idea you have, around how much capital you have and your initial ideas around production, marketing etc, we will be better equipped to provide useful advice.

Natanyamarie

Thankyou i will do that.

kat112
    Natanyamarie, post: 271411, member: 119684 wrote:
    Hi there everyone
    I’m hoping to get some advice on how to go about starting my own pet treat business? From others who have set one up , just unsure on requirements in Australia regarding food licencing,legalities, labelling and whether you can make them at home. Im beginning this as a little side business as I’m at home with my children. Would be very appreciative of some pointers please. Been doing some researching and looking at other business models and confused as some seem different to others. Can anybody please help ?

How are you going with it all? I just joined and searched ‘ pet food’ and your thread came up. i am going to start selling dog treats soon moving along from our raw pet meat we sell in our little country town . Just starting to looking into dehydrating foods and packaging

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.