Home – New Forums Starting your journey Starting new directory site for Art Galleries & Artists

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anurag
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi

I am about to launch a new online directory site for Art Galleries, Artists and any other Art related business in Australia. The site is almost ready to be launched doing some final touch up and making mobile apps (iPhone & Android) available in App stores.

Looking for some feedback from fellow entrepreneurs. Site URL is http://www.artlinks.com.au. Will appreciate all feed backs.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Hi,

Just a question at this stage,

Where did you obtain your current listings, you seem to have a decent collection considering you have not yet launched.

Anurag
    Up

Thanks Sandra

good in-depth analysis. Yes I do have to clean up a bit and get correct images for these listings.Thanks

Anurag

Sandra S, post: 192627 wrote:
    Hi there,

I just had a quick look at your website.
    I think it’s a fantastic idea !

I had a very good first impression, as it looks professional and easy to read.

Looking closer, I have a few comments.

I am a big believer in images and how you get people to really interact and engage with pictures.

I would just highlight that having a bad picture on a website might not appeal to visitors (Paul Carlyle image is very blurry).

I checked the Sydney list and entries do not have specific pictures.

I would get in touch with the Galleries, the school etc. and let them know you have an art dedicated website where they are listed. Try to get an amazing picture from them. Your website will look more attractive and it’s a win win situation for them.

Events: It shows there are 2 exhibitions and when I click there are no event.

Once again, very good idea.

I wish you all the best !

Anurag
    Up

Hi this is minimum information collected from various sources to be which can be claimed by rightful owners and updated / added further info.

Anurag

bb1, post: 192628 wrote:
    Hi,

Just a question at this stage,

Where did you obtain your current listings, you seem to have a decent collection considering you have not yet launched.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Anurag, post: 192632 wrote:
    Hi this is minimum information collected from various sources to be which can be claimed by rightful owners and updated / added further info.

Anurag

Ok, my comments on your website:-
    * Firstly I assume from your above comment you have applied no quality checks on the data included and as such could be incorrect and only if the owner is aware of it will it be updated. Not good for you displaying incorrect data, and not good for the business concerned. In fact there are some very questionable “Art” business’s listed.
    * I suspect that your price Banner options $100 or $30.00 per impression is wrong doesnt tie in with the order of pricing.
    * Interesting that your pricing includes GST, but you are not registered for GST ????
    * Your statment “Return on Investment – Start getting customers in minutes!”… Very bold, how can you claim this !!!!
    * you have a link to a privacy policy but it gets a 404 error

* No name or no contact number for the website, you need to personalise.
    * Deals page – its empty, nothing worse than going to an empty page, either have a deal, or no deals page.
    * Art directory Australia, but it uses zip code, and miles.

Bert

happyez
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    Anurag, post: 192605 wrote:
    Looking for some feedback from fellow entrepreneurs. Site URL is http://www.artlinks.com.au. Will appreciate all feed backs.

Too cluttered. What is the main thing you are trying to achieve?

• The banner’s colours are out of place on the website
    • The photo of the market looks stretched. A bit of a cheap look if so…
    • The images look stockphoto like
    • What do you mean by art? Only paintings? All establishment art galleries, or more underground. I need to know before I go any further in to the site.
    •*There is no catching headline, and I have to guess what you do

I don’t get a great vibe from it, that I would want to visit again. It looks flung up. I don’t see your heart in it, and if there isn’t, then why are you doing it?
    You need to show me your passion for art, as I don’t see it here….

Also, with Art Australia and other magazines with online listings, why should people come to you. I don’t, at first, see a difference between them, or how you would offer something artists can’t get elsewhere, and would make their poor/trustafarian :) lives better.

Good luck and hope you find good feedback to help you
    Eric Vigo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.